LINCOLN, R.I. (PRWEB) July 22, 2016
Summer can be prime season for car thieves, as many people leave their windows down and engines running to keep vehicles cool. That’s why Amica Insurance is offering some tips to help prevent car theft.
According to SaferCar.gov, there were nearly 690,000 vehicles reported stolen in the U.S. in 2014. Additionally, nearly 45 percent of stolen vehicles are never recovered. Amica is sharing the following tips from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration to help prevent vehicle theft:
- Park in well-lit areas. If it’s an attended parking lot, leave only the ignition/door key with the attendant.
- Lock the vehicle, and always bring the keys with you. Never hide a second set of keys in the vehicle.
- Keep valuables out of plain sight, and completely close the windows when parking.
- Park with the wheels turned toward the curb, so that it is difficult to tow the vehicle away. If the vehicle has rear-wheel drive, backing it into the driveway will also make it more difficult to tow.
- Leave business cards, address labels or other identification inside the vehicle, which will help law enforcement recover it if it’s stolen.
About Amica Insurance
Amica Mutual Insurance Co., the nation’s oldest mutual insurer of automobiles, was founded in 1907. The company, based in Lincoln, Rhode Island, is a national writer of auto, home, marine and umbrella insurance. Life coverage is available through Amica Life Insurance Company, a wholly owned subsidiary. Amica employs more than 3,400 people in 44 offices across the country. For more information, visit Amica.com.
Media inquiries can be sent to MediaCenter(at)amica(dot)com.
Facebook: Amica Mutual Insurance Co.