These ten qualities make the South Carolina Lowcountry community of Palmetto Bluff an ideal community for those seeking a relaxed pace of life in a beautiful natural setting.
Bluffton, SC (PRWEB) July 22, 2016
Marian Schaffer, Principal and Founder of Southeast Discovery, a real estate consulting firm specializing in guiding Baby Boomers with their real estate needs in the niche markets of retirement relocation and second homes in the Southeast region, recently shared 10 reasons to consider the master-planned community of Palmetto Bluff in Bluffton, SC for retirement, relocation or second home purchase.
“Palmetto Bluff is fast becoming a notable destination among discriminate travelers and equally, a recognized upscale amenity filled residential community along the Atlantic coast,” said Schaffer, Principal and Founder of Southeast Discovery.
According to Schaffer, these ten qualities make Palmetto Bluff an ideal community for those seeking a relaxed pace of life in a beautiful natural setting:
1. The raw beauty of the land, and a commitment to conservation so it stays that way. Palmetto Bluff is situated along the May River in a beautiful, pristine lowcountry environment. Its 20,000 acres include large conservation areas, and home sites or home sales fund a non-profit organization dedicated to protecting the natural resources on the property.
2. Quality and upscale development plan. “Crescent Resources, along with Montage Resorts, have thoughtfully bridged what is beautiful land with quality development features such as granite curbs, brick sidewalks, gas lantern light posts,” said Schaffer. “Development is always undertaken with a commitment to sound land stewardship that preserves nature, with minimal disruption to wildlife.”
3. Timeless architecture of the homes and structures throughout the development. All homes are custom built employing Southern Style architecture, and feature welcoming front porches, rocking chairs and swings, steel/tin roofs, and mature trees left in place. “There is a consistent effort to preserve as many trees as possible, so when each home is complete, it looks as though the home has been there for years surrounded by mature trees,” said Schaffer.
4. Abundant amenities to choose from, and the ability to decide which ones you want to participate in and pay to use. “Unlike other master-planned communities where there are mandatory membership fees for residents, Palmetto Bluff is structured differently,” said Schaffer. “There is a standard POA fee and a conservation fee which combined, currently total about $7000/year. All property owners and residents pay this fee, which provides use of the entire property, three outdoor pools, three fitness centers, bike and kayak rentals and movement studio classes. It also provides parks and nature areas for all the residents to enjoy. There are tennis courts, bocce ball courts, miles and miles of trail systems throughout the community, croquet lawn, fishing and more. Residents can choose to pay additional membership or usage fees if they would like to take advantage of the Jack Nicklaus golf course, Equestrian Center, Boating/Full Service Marina and Dry Dock Storage, and Shooting Club.”
5. The onsite Montage Resort blends a 5-star resort with residential living of Palmetto Bluff. “This is a financial model that works,” said Schaffer. “Amenity costs are supported by resort guests who use and enjoy the amenities, as well as by the residents. Having a resort on property eliminates the financial burden falling solely on the residents of the community. This keeps residents’ and property owners’ HOA fees at reasonable levels which is very healthy for the community’s real estate values.”
6. Location. The community of Palmetto Bluff is located in Bluffton, South Carolina, the fastest growing area in the Palmetto State. “Bluffton is a wonderful town of 14,000 people where the growth has been thoughtfully planned and executed over the past decade,” said Schaffer. “It’s on the mainland, about 20 minutes from Hilton Head Island, 30 minutes north of Savannah, GA and 30 minutes south of Beaufort, SC. Charleston, SC is 90 minutes north and Jacksonville, FL is 2 hours south.”
7. A relaxed way of life, the way it used to be. “Come to Palmetto Bluff and you’ll see young and old riding bikes, families playing and relaxing together, residents reading a good book in a hammock at the park, and folks sitting in rocking chairs on front porches, chatting and enjoying themselves,” said Schaffer. “You’ll see kids fishing, catching frogs and roasting marshmallows on an open fire and enjoying S’mores, a nightly tradition at the Inn. At Palmetto Bluff, you’ll be able to slow down and breathe in the fresh air; it’s just pure and simple living at its best.”
8. Neat and orderly outdoor spaces, with a focus on cleanliness. “At Palmetto Bluff, you won’t see garbage cans at the end of driveways, or rows of mailboxes along every street. And you won’t see and hear sprinklers attached to a hose,” said Schaffer. “Each home has a neatly fenced garbage yard serviced by Palmetto Bluff’s own garbage and recycling service three times a week. Most residents have a centralized area where they pick up their mail. Additionally, sprinkler systems are part of each resident’s landscape plan and all common areas have sprinkler systems.”
9. Wildlife is respected and preserved. “Palmetto Bluff is paradise for birds and other wildlife,” said Schaffer. “There are many different species of birds in the community; they are beautiful to watch. There are alligators in many of the ponds as well as in the fresh water trail that navigates throughout the community. You’ll regularly see deer, rabbits, and squirrels frolicking in the neighborhood. In fact, educational classes such as the Habitat Review Workshop are regularly offered to property owners and guests, so they can learn about the many wild species living at Palmetto Bluff.”
10. An economically thriving community. “Palmetto Bluff is one of the most active master-planned communities in the area, state and region in terms of development expansion,” according to Schaffer. “At full build out, there will be 4,000 homes in the community. To date, there are over 600 homes built with 150 new homes currently under construction.”
Additionally, the expansion of the Montage Inn from 50 keys to 200 keys, which opens Labor Day Weekend, will bring with it discriminating hotel guests. “They dine well, they golf, and they will enjoy amenities such as boating, the shooting club, biking, and swimming,” said Schaffer. “They enjoy the authentic, luxury vacation provided by Montage, and some decide to become property owners.”
About Southeast Discovery
Since 2004, Southeast Discovery has been a trusted resource for candid information and insight on communities, developments, and general real estate in the Southeast. Through its highly-ranked web portal, newsletter and blog and its one-on-one work with clients, Southeast Discovery helps buyers actively looking for a retirement or second home in the Southeast navigate the process of identifying the right area and community for their needs. To learn more, visit http://www.southeastdiscovery.com/