DUBLIN, Ireland (PRWEB) July 26, 2016
Pulseway, the leading provider of mobile-first, cloud-first remote monitoring and management (RMM) software, is celebrating SysAdmin Day by sharing its top 5 tips for today’s new, mobile Sys Admin.
SysAdmin Day is celebrated around the world and provides a holiday to pay tribute to those IT Administrators who work tirelessly to keep our systems and businesses up and running. In honor of this 17th Annual System Administrator Appreciation Day, Pulseway is offering a list of the top 5 tips for System Admins to help them maximize effectiveness of remote monitoring.
“The adoption of mobile technology is literally changing the way we live, from the ability to get health stats, hail a taxi, or monitor your home from a device in your pocket,” said Marius Mihalec, CEO and Founder of Pulseway. “The same applies to IT and today’s Sys Admin can now do their job ‘on the go’ using mobile technology for remote monitoring and management.”
Here are the top 5 tips for SysAdmins to successfully take on a mobile-first approach to IT management:
1) Seek Broad Coverage of Today’s Mobile/BYOD/Wearable Devices -The reality is that today’s Sys Admin is responsible for many more devices than in the past – from mobile to BYOD to wearable technology. Today’s SysAdmins need to be able to monitor and manage a large number of apps, devices and servers, be it Windows, Mac, or Linux running IP cameras, security systems, switches, routers, firewalls, load balancers, IP phones, or printers on your network
2) Get Anytime, Anyplace Notification - Today’s SysAdmins may be a small internal staff or an MSP supporting multiple clients. No matter what size the business, the evolution to mobile IT means that IT admins should be able to receive alerts 24x7 wherever they may be – whether they’re driving home from work or sitting at a coffee shop, at 2 a.m. or on the weekend.
3) Be Able to Take Immediate Action, Remotely – In addition to receiving alerts anytime, anywhere, it is important to be able to respond to notifications immediately and take action to solve the problem. Today’s SysAdmins should be ready to take action from their phone or mobile device without having to be connected to the network. Reboot a server or apply a patch from the road. Solving these issues before customers are impacted with this kind of fast response time makes Sys Admins heroes!
4) Be platform-independent - Customers and companies have a plethora of platforms and devices –be it Apple iOS to Android to Windows phone and more. SysAdmins need a remote monitoring app that not only works across all of these, but has the same look and feel no matter which you are using.
5) Monitor with a True Mobile-Friendly App- Today’s mobile SysAdmins, whether they be a small IT shop or MSP who works remotely, needs to be able to view and navigate the information presented in a clean and logical way. A “mobile friendly site” needs to be just that, no need to zoom out or pan left or right to view critical
There’s a new generation of mobile remote monitoring and management solutions that enable SysAdmins at any sized business, from enterprises to small businesses to MSPs, to monitor systems remotely with Remote Monitoring and Management (RMM) and proactively solve issues before they impact customers.
For more information, visit http://www.pulseway.com.
MMSOFT Design, Ltd. are the makers of Pulseway, a mobile first IT management software that helps busy IT administrators look after their IT infrastructure on the go. Pulseway is preferred by over 250 leading corporations including DELL, Louis Vuitton, Conde Nast and British Columbia Institute of Technology.