'IT teams and the C-suite now see Business Continuity not just as insurance against rare natural disasters but as a thorough line of defense in the fight against malicious attack, ransomware and the ever-present risk of human error,' Justin Giardina, CTO
HOUSTON (PRWEB) July 26, 2016
In the face of cyber-attacks, infrastructure failures, human error and other threats, companies are now prioritizing Business Continuity initiatives that have traditionally been an afterthought. As part of these efforts, teams increasingly focus on the security and compliance of cloud-based disaster recovery and backup. iland, an award-winning cloud provider, today announced this strategic shift towards ensuring secure, fast and compliant IT resilience has fueled its growth across the United States, EMEA and Singapore markets.
iland’s industry-recognized Disaster-Recovery-as-a-Service (DRaaS) and Backup-as-a-Service (BaaS) offerings have achieved a 248 percent revenue growth rate in the first half of 2016. The company also more than doubled its number of new DRaaS and BaaS customers across diverse industries ranging from healthcare to financial services to oil and gas.
Gartner Inc. recently named iland a Leader in the 2016 “Magic Quadrant for Disaster Recovery as a Service”* for its ability to execute and completeness of vision. According to the report, “Gartner estimates the DRaaS market will nearly triple in the next three years to a revenue point of $3.4 billion by 2019.”
“IT teams and the C-suite now see Business Continuity not just as insurance against rare natural disasters but as a thorough line of defense in the fight against malicious attack, ransomware and the ever-present risk of human error,” said Justin Giardina, CTO at iland. “But while executives accept IT resilience as an imperative, they also recognize it is yet another priority on IT’s exhausting to-do list. We alleviate that burden, partnering with industry leaders like Veeam and Zerto to give customers the fastest access to exceptional technology and a secure, reliable, compliant target location in the iland cloud.”
As business threats plague IT leadership, iland’s industry-leading DRaaS and BaaS offerings play a vital role in protecting business and evolving overall IT strategies. The rapid adoption rates directly correspond to key trends and best practices:
- Companies adopt Backup-as-a-Service as the natural first step to geographic diversification, sending secondary copies to a secure location with less than five minutes of setup time. For very little expense, companies can protect themselves from the crippling costs of data loss, compliance fines and even malicious threats like ransomware. These efficiencies spark rapid adoption, making BaaS the largest contributor to iland’s expanding customer base.
- DRaaS has become the standard when every second counts, enabling companies to minimize IT downtime that is often measured in the thousands of dollars per minute. Going beyond other DRaaS offerings, iland’s technology and expert support team ensure every step of disaster recovery planning, implementation and execution is seamless. Through the iland cloud console, customers can easily trigger failovers and failover tests to iland’s cloud on demand.
- Security requirements now lead the discussion, with customers rightly requiring their cloud targets to incorporate security and compliance features. iland has responded to this trend with integrated antivirus and malware protection, vulnerability scanning, storage and VM encryption, intrusion detection and prevention, file integrity monitoring and the on-demand reporting required for compliance audits.
- Backup and Disaster Recovery prove to be stepping stones to broader cloud migration, as the process of implementing and testing these services exposes customers to the ease of use, cost model, and benefits of cloud. iland helps customers identify their IT risk, technology requirements, and budgetary goals to deliver a complete business continuity plan, with accommodation for physical servers, co-location and complex networking. As a result, customers increasingly fail over to the iland cloud as part of a DR effort and choose to remain there, rather than failing back.
- In a disaster, companies report exceptional phone support is critical, as it provides the last piece of assurance a failover will succeed. iland support ensures on-boarding is smooth and failover tests are successful but also closely monitors any failovers triggered to the iland cloud to proactively verify success for each and every customer.
Industry recognition underscores strength of services and commitment to customers
Customers, industry analysts and partners around the globe continue to validate iland’s proven DRaaS offering. Recent accolades include:
- 2016 Zerto Cloud Service Provider Partner of the Year
- 2015 Veeam Service Provider of the Year, North America
- Cisco Powered Disaster Recovery as a Service (DRaaS) designation under the Cisco® Cloud and Managed Services Advanced Certification
For more information on iland’s enterprise cloud and disaster recovery services, go to:
- iland Disaster-Recovery-as-a-Service
- Gartner’s 2016 Magic Quadrant for Disaster Recovery as a Service
- iland Enterprise Cloud Services – Advanced Security
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner's research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
Source: Gartner “Magic Quadrant for Disaster Recovery as a Service” by John Morency, Christine Tenneson, Ron Blair, June 16, 2016.
With data centers in the U.S., U.K. and Singapore, iland delivers the only enterprise cloud solutions in the market today with true innovation, transparency, intelligent management and advanced security built in. From scaling production workloads, to supporting testing and development, to disaster recovery, iland’s secure cloud and decades of experience translate into unmatched service. iland has been recognized as Veeam’s Service Provider of the Year and Zerto’s Cloud Service Provider Partner of the Year, as well as VMware’s Service Provider Partner of the Year, Global and Americas. iland is also part of the Cisco Cloud Managed Service Provider Program for IaaS and DRaaS and partners with other industry leaders including Trend Micro, Hytrust and Nimble Storage. Visit http://www.iland.com.
All registered trademarks and other trademarks belong to their respective owners.
# # #
C8 Consulting for iland
+44 1189 001132/+44 7894 339645