West Palm Beach, FL (PRWEB) July 28, 2016
Today, HotelPlanner.com released their list of the Top 10 Most Group-Friendly Beach Cities across the U.S., right in the middle of summer, which is a popular season for group travel. The ranking is determined by a compilation of sales data from beach cities with the most group travel bookings and includes types of groups and the average number of travelers from June 2016 to August 2016.
The Top 10 Most Group-Friendly Beach Cities are:
1. San Diego, CA
2. Myrtle Beach, SC
3. Virginia Beach, VA
4. Miami Beach, FL
5. Panama City Beach, FL
6. Ocean City, MD
7. Honolulu, HI
8. Santa Monica, CA
9. Huntington Beach, CA
10. St. Pete Beach, FL
HotelPlanner took a close look at the data and uncovered some interesting trends across these beach cities, revealing:
- San Diego, CA, ranked #1 on the list with the most group bookings overall and the highest average number of travelers to the city during the summer months.
- Myrtle Beach and Virginia Beach respectfully came in at #2 and #3 for most group bookings and also had the second and third highest average number of group travelers to these cities.
- Both California and Florida are the most popular summer destinations for group travelers, each with three cities rounding the Top 10 list: San Diego, Santa Monica, and Huntington Beach, CA, and in Florida Miami Beach, Panama City Beach, and St. Pete Beach.
- The largest number of group bookings under a certain group type across all the top cities is family reunions, followed by youth/adult sports and then weddings.
- Florida cities Miami Beach and Panama City both tied for the total number of group bookings and the average number of travelers in each city.
Additional group travel findings during these summer months:
- The average group booking is reserved 4-6 months in advance.
- 4: Average number of people per room for reunions, school trips, graduations, youth/adult sports, frats and bachelorette parties.
- 2-4: Average number of people per room for weddings, bus tours, work crews, adult sports, birthday parties, church and charity events, associations and other group travels.
- 1-2: Average number of people per room for corporate incentive travel, convention, government, and business meetings.
HotelPlanner.com provides group hotel booking services to 3,000 groups per day in the global group travel market. The company’s group hotel booking service ensures the lowest rates by allowing customers to receive quotes online directly from hotel group sales managers. HotelPlanner allows customers to book hotels for business meetings, conferences, conventions, family reunions, weddings, extended stays, tours, military reunions, church events, and group travels. The company also provides mobile applications for booking group hotel reservations. The company owns and operates Meetings.com, a site that provides information, planning and booking services for group, meeting, and individual hotel stays for the corporate, associations and business to business enterprises. With a mission statement geared towards, “Bringing People Together,” HotelPlanner & Meetings.com are the global experts for hotel sourcing, providing direct clients and market leading affiliates with unmatched group and event discounted room rates plus localized service levels not available at other travel companies. Founded in 2002, the company has offices in London, England (European Headquarters), Hong Kong (Asian Headquarters), West Palm Beach, FL (USA Headquarters), and Las Vegas, Nevada.
HotelPlanner.com is proud to provide hotel reservation services to valued clients within the sports team and university, corporate, and government organizations. The company’s Pro Sports Team clients most notably include Matchroom Sport, the San Diego Chargers, Washington Redskins, St. Louis Rams, Professional Bowlers Association, European Professional Golfers (EuroPro), Super League (Rugby), AFC Wimbledon, Millwall F.C., and Queens Park Rangers F.C. In terms of college travel, Universities such as Texas A&M, New Mexico State, Saint Mary’s College, Bradley University, University of Reno-Nevada, University of Illinois-Chicago, Northeastern University, Cal Poly, and California State University Northridge use HotelPlanner to negotiate their group travel and recruiting stays. Corporations such as CROMPCO, Siemens, Jackson Motor Sports, National Grid, Chicago Bridge & Iron, Publix, and Servpro and Government clients such as the State of Mississippi, Government Services Agency, US Marines-Camp Lejeune (Group), and US Communities also utilize HotelPlanner.com as their hotel procurement provider to negotiate hotel rates, book hotel reservations and provide excellent service year-round.