Boston, Ma (PRWEB) July 27, 2016
Patient satisfaction is a core revenue component in the evolving quality-based payment models and is increasingly becoming a critical customer service and marketing metric, as patients evolve into informed consumers. Currently, hospitals and provider groups offer post-discharge surveys days-to-weeks after the clinical event to assess patient satisfaction through the federal (Hospital Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems) HCAHPS program. HCAHPS surveys were not intended to be a quality improvement tool; rather, the program was developed to determine penalty payments from poor patient satisfaction scores. So HCAHPS have no proven benefit in developing or enhancing hospitals’ or providers’ patient satisfaction strategy and there was no product available to directly improve patient experience and HCAHPS scores. Now, with the development of the EveryPatient Platform, hospitals and provider groups have a structured in-hospital or in-clinic real-time data collection technology platform for patient satisfaction.
EveryPatient, Inc., is pleased to announce the launch of its patient satisfaction platform following the completion of successful national trials at leading hospitals, critical access hospitals and provider groups. The EveryPatient Platform provides real-time collection and automatic analysis of patient satisfaction experience data, and real-time, any-time client alerting of that data. The result for healthcare organizations is:
- Improved patient satisfaction
- Reduced patient dissatisfaction
- Higher HCAHPS scores and consistently exceeding payer-mandated satisfaction thresholds
- Prevention of revenue loss via payer penalties: in 2015, the average hospital lost about 1 million dollars (1.5% of Medicare revenue) due to low patient satisfaction scores
- Increased revenue positive online reviews and word of mouth
“Healthcare organizations are increasingly viewing patient satisfaction as the foundation of good clinical care, patient engagement, and revenue cycle management,” said Akindele Majekodunmi, MD, MBA, co-founder and CEO of EveryPatient. “To date, however, they have been hamstrung by existing tools and approaches, and have not had the ability to implement a comprehensive satisfaction strategy that actually has an impact on satisfaction, scores, and revenue. EveryPatient Platform is the first technology solution that addresses every aspect of patient satisfaction to positively impact the active patient experience, care delivery, HCAHPS scores, and revenue.”
Effortless Collection of Real-time Satisfaction Data
Real-time data collection offers considerable benefits in addition to the current methodology of post-discharge email or phone surveys, including:
- More data: EveryPatient test sites collected completed responses of customized, proprietary 15-question surveys and real-time text and voice-input technology from more than 80% of patients. Post-discharge patient surveys top out at 15% participation.
- More actionable data: With patient experience information captured during the patient’s stay or visit, EveryPatient technology instantly alerts providers and staff to issues in real-time, so they can take action to address or resolve them before they escalate, and before patients leave the facility.
- Fewer negative reviews: Addressing episodic issues in real time is proven to prevent individuals from posting negative reviews on high-ranking external ratings sites or commenting negatively on Facebook / social media or via word of mouth. In fact, statistics show that if concerns are addressed immediately, two-thirds of patients will “forgive and forget”. Issues inevitably will arise, but the opportunity to address them and correct errors in real-time is just as critical as the actual issue – and now the federal government has placed a dollar value on the patient’s experience and perception.
- More staff engagement: This is a Holy Grail in any organization’s satisfaction program and satisfaction scores. Where post-discharge survey-sending tools take patient satisfaction out of the care setting and into emails and unexpected phone calls, EveryPatient’s real-time platform is continually present and top-of-mind for staff and physicians. Better engagement of providers and staff means more attention to the patient experience, happier patients, and higher satisfaction scores that are tied directly to revenue.
Unprecedented, Real-time Analytics of Patient Experience and Satisfaction
With real-time data collection comes the ability to analyze and monitor satisfaction in real time. EveryPatient has built the most robust, useful set of analytical tools for healthcare administrators. Through insightful dashboards and easy to use drill-downs, EveryPatient analytics empowers healthcare organizations to:
- Track their patient satisfaction scores in real-time via a proprietary algorithm that is a predictor for the HCAHPS scoring used by CMS to determine penalties
- Receive alerts when scores are at risk of falling below thresholds that impact millions of dollars in revenue
- Assess satisfaction levels and trends by organization, department and individuals, across any time frame
- Adjust and continually improve their patient satisfaction strategy and tactics to improve the patient experience, staff and provider engagement, and organizational performance
- Inform marketing and service development initiatives with rich, demographic-based patient experience information, the likes of which healthcare organizations have never had before
“The staff at EveryPatient has been very responsive throughout our beta experience,” said Stephany Vaioleti, CEO of Kahuku Medical Center (KMC) in Kahuku, Hawaii. She further expressed that, “KMC staff and providers in the Emergency, Radiology, Inpatient and Outpatient clinic departments where we deployed EveryPatient are engaged and more attuned to the active patient experience. We have begun to use the live patient feedback to improve services and be proactive in our outreach efforts. We are excited to see how we can assist our patients with the care they need through this advanced tool.”
About EveryPatient, Inc.
Based in the healthcare and technology hub of Boston, EveryPatient is a physician-lead, health information technology analytics company focused on addressing every aspect of customer satisfaction and quality improvement issues that impact patient care. Built for hospitals, provider groups and ACOs, the EveryPatient Platform is the industry’s first technology solution for real-time capture and analysis of patient experience data. Better technology means better data, and better data means better experience, outcomes, and revenue.