Philadelphia, PA (PRWEB) July 28, 2016
Four new members were elected to the University City Science Center’s Board of Directors at its annual Shareholders Meeting on June 14, 2016: Dario C. Altieri, M.D., President and CEO, The Wistar Institute; M. Brian Blake, Ph.D., Executive Vice President for Academic Affairs and Provost, Drexel University; Dawn A. Bonnell, Ph.D., Vice Provost for Research, University of Pennsylvania; and Richard Vague, Managing Partner, Gabriel Investments. The Science Center also announced the election of Russell E. Kaufman as a Director Emeritus.
Altieri, Blake, Bonnell and Vague join the following current and emeritus members of the Science Center Board:
- Maxine Ballen, Director Emerita, University City Science Center
- Kerry R. Benson, Chief Information Officer, The PFM Group
- Kenneth J. Blank, Ph.D., Senior Vice President for Health Sciences, Rowan University
- Craig R. Carnaroli (Chairman of the Board), Executive Vice President, University of Pennsylvania
- Christopher Cashman, Chairman and CEO, Marinus Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Ernest Dianastasis, Managing Director, Computer Aid Inc. and Chairman, First State Innovation
- Michael A. DiPiano, Managing General Partner, New Spring Capital
- Glen N. Gaulton, Ph.D., Vice Dean and Director of the Center for Global Health, and Professor of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Perelman School of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania
- Jane H. Hollingsworth, Managing Partner, Militia Hill Ventures and Chief Executive Officer, Immunome Inc.
- David Holveck, Director Emeritus, University City Science Center
- Osagie O. Imasogie, Senior Managing Partner and Founder, Phoenix IP Ventures
- Richard P. Jaffe, Esquire, Director Emeritus, University City Science Center
- J. Larry Jameson, M.D., Ph.D., Robert G. Dunlop Professor of Medicine, Executive Vice President, University of Pennsylvania for the Health System, and Dean of the Perelman School of Medicine at the University of Pennsylvania
- Russel E. Kaufman, M.D., Executive-in-Residence, Pappas Capital; Director Emeritus, University City Science Center
- David R. King, Senior Advisor, Atonarp, Inc.
- Stephen K. Klasko, M.D., MBA, President and CEO, Thomas Jefferson University and Jefferson Health System
- Carl Kopfinger, TD Bank Community Capital Group - Senior Vice President & Managing Director, TD Bank, N.A.
- Kenneth L. Kring, Co-Managing Director, Global Education Practice, Korn Ferry
- Keith Leaphart, D.O., MBA, Founder, Wallsome
- William J. Marrazzo, President and Chief Executive Officer, WHYY, Inc.
- Keith A. Orris, Senior Vice President for Corporate Relations and Economic Development, Drexel University
- Kathleen M. Shay, Esq., Partner, Duane Morris LLP
- Stephen Spinelli, Jr., Ph.D., President, Philadelphia University
- Thomas J. Todorow, Executive Vice President for Corporate Services and Chief Financial Officer, The Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia
- Tara L. Weiner, Science Center Director
- Stephen T. Zarrilli, President and CEO, Safeguard Scientifics
- Stephen S. Tang, Ph.D., MBA, President and CEO, University City Science Center
About the Science Center
Located in the heart of uCity Square, the University City Science Center is a dynamic hub for innovation, and entrepreneurship and technology development in the Greater Philadelphia region. Founded in 1963 as the nation’s first urban research park, it provides business incubation, programming, lab and office facilities, and support services for entrepreneurs, start-ups, and growing and established companies. Graduate firms and current residents of the Science Center’s business incubator support one out of every 100 jobs in Greater Philadelphia and drive $12.9 billion in economic activity in the region annually. For more information about the Science Center, go to http://www.sciencecenter.org or view our 2016 Annual Review at UCSCReview.org