(PRWEB) August 03, 2016
July 19, 2016 Tamarac, FL -- South Florida Parenting will hold its annual Back to School Splash, presented by Joe DiMaggio Children’s Hospital at Memorial, at Westfield Broward Mall in Planation, Florida on Sunday, August 7, 2016 from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. during Florida’s Tax Free Weekend. This free event showcases exhibitors with information on health and fitness, afterschool activities, tutoring options, and more. Back to School Splash includes entertainment by local performers, a mall wide scavenger hunt, giveaways and arts and craft activities.
The event will highlight South Florida Parenting’s Anti-Bullying Campaign, sponsored by Joe DiMaggio Children’s Hospital at Memoria, with a display of anti-bullying artwork by South Florida students as well as materials and activities for parents and children about bullying. South Florida Parenting’s Anti-Bullying Campaign began three years ago in response to concerns about the effects of bullying on children. The Anti-Bullying campaign includes an Anti-Bullying Guide with articles and resources for parents and schools, and an anti-bullying poster contest for students.
This year’s Back to School Splash will take place in conjunction with Westfield Broward Mall’s debut of the BARBIE™: You Can Be Anything show. This live, interactive performance features brand new songs that will get kids up and dancing all while discovering that you really can be anything. Barbie will also be available to pose with kids and families for photos after the show.
- During the event, South Florida Parenting promotes its Anti Bullying Campaign with an anti-bullying poster display.
- Presenting sponsor Joe DiMaggio Children’s Hospital will have anti bullying activities.
- Back to School Splash takes place during Florida’s Tax Free Weekend.
- A WBPT2/PBS KIDS character will meet and greet families.
- BARBIE™: You Can Be Anything live, interactive show will debut at Westfield Broward Mall during South Florida Parenting’s Back to School Splash.
- Approximately 40 exhibitors, from schools, tutoring centers, sports programs, medical practices, after school programs and more attend.
- Each exhibitor provides a free activity for children.
- The event includes a mall wide scavenger hunt, face painting, stage entertainment, crafts, games and more.
- South Florida Parenting has partnered with Westfield Mall Broward for the last three years on our annual Back to School event and annual Camp Fair.
- All activities are free.
To become an exhibitor or to reserve a performance on the stage, contact Angela at abarotone(at)sun-sentinel(dot)com. For more details about this event, go to SouthFloridaParenting.com, call 954-596-5631.