Washington, DC (PRWEB) August 02, 2016
Atlantic Information Services, Inc. (AIS) is pleased to announce “Effective Specialty Drug Strategies for the Pharmacy and Medical Benefits,” an upcoming Aug. 11 webinar. Participants will learn what’s working, what’s not and what new strategies are on the drawing board from two pharmacy industry experts: Debbie Stern, R.Ph., senior vice president of medical oncology and specialty drugs at eviCore healthcare, and Beckie Fenrick, Pharm.D., M.B.A., a consultant with the Cambridge Advisory Group and leader of their pharmacy practice.
In a 90-minute program, including a 30-minute question and answer session, Stern and Fenrick will address questions such as:
- How is the robust specialty drug pipeline impacting the overall pharmacy benefit spend and trend for plan sponsors? How is it impacting the overall medical benefit spend and trend? Where are these trends heading for the future?
- What have been the most effective specialty drug benefit design approaches? What level of success should be anticipated from specialty tiers, deductibles, coinsurance, out-of-pocket maximums, and per-claim minimums and maximums?
- What are the most effective strategies today for managing specialty drugs under the pharmacy benefit? The medical benefit?
- How are payers utilizing new value tools to determine the cost-effectiveness of high-cost therapies?
- As biosimilars hit the U.S. market, what can be expected with formularies, utilization management and benefit design?
- What are the most difficult challenges related to data in the medical benefit?
- How has the shift from physician office administration of specialty drugs to hospital outpatient departments impacted the cost and management of these drugs?
- What strategies will be most successful for payers to direct members to the most efficient site of care?
Visit https://aishealth.com/marketplace/c6p18_081116 for more details and registration information.
Atlantic Information Services, Inc. (AIS) is a publishing and information company that has been serving the health care industry for nearly 30 years. It develops highly targeted news, data and strategic information for managers in hospitals and health systems, health insurance companies, medical group practices, purchasers of health insurance, pharmaceutical companies and other health care organizations. AIS products include print and electronic newsletters, databases, websites, looseleafs, strategic reports, directories, webinars, virtual conferences and training programs.