Chicago (PRWEB) August 02, 2016
G2 Crowd, the world’s leading business software review platform, today released the Summer 2016 ECM Software Grid report to help businesses make the best enterprise content management (ECM) technology decision. SharePoint and OnBase by Hyland were named Leaders in the report, receiving a strong customer satisfaction score with a large market presence.
Laserfiche, SpringCM, M-Files DMS, and Nuxeo were named High Performers in the report, earning strong customer satisfaction marks with smaller market presence scores. SharePoint earned the highest overall satisfaction score and the highest overall market presence score.
The Grid leverages customer satisfaction data reported by authenticated users along with vendor market presence determined from social and public data. Based on a combination of these scores, each software solution is categorized as a Leader, High Performer, Contender or Niche.
- Minimal movement – The vendors represented on the ECM Grid℠ generally maintained their positions in their respective quadrants since the Winter 2016 report, except for two major changes. Additionally, only one new product appeared on the Grid℠ for the first time. For further details, visit the Grid℠ Changes section of the ECM report.
- Patience in implementation – ECM products on the Grid℠ took an average of 5 months to implement into company operations, according to reviewers. This reflects a significant investment of time and resources during setup. On average, only 72 percent of reviewers were satisfied with the ease of setting up their ECM solution. The category-high rating for ease of setup was 81 percent.
- Lack of small businesses – Only 14 percent of reviewers surveyed for products on the Grid℠ work at small businesses (50 employees or fewer). Furthermore, small business users made up the majority of reviewers for only one product, demonstrating a lack of use for ECM products among small businesses.
About the ECM Software Grid report:
- The report is based on more than 360 reviews written by business professionals.
- Of the 51 products listed in G2 Crowd’s ECM category, the ranked products each received ten or more reviews to qualify for inclusion on the GridSM.
About G2 Crowd, Inc.
G2 Crowd, the world’s leading business software review platform, leverages more than 90,000 user reviews to drive better purchasing decisions. Technology buyers, investors, and analysts use the site to compare and select the best software based on peer reviews and synthesized social data. Monthly more than a half-million people visit G2 Crowd’s site. Co-founded by the founder and former executives from SaaS leader BigMachines and backed by roughly $12 million in capital, G2 Crowd aims to bring authenticity and transparency to business technology research. For more information, go to G2Crowd.com.