Seattle, WA (PRWEB) August 26, 2016
Ever wondered how to improve the vulnerability management process? Or how to discover and mitigate unknown vulnerabilities in the secure development lifecycle? Introducing Peach Fuzzer 4.0, the 4th major release of the world’s most powerful and agile fuzz testing toolset.
Every quarter, in addition to expanding our Peach Pit offerings to fuzz more protocols and file formats, we develop solutions to improve the usability and expand the testing capabilities of our flagship smart fuzzer. This quarter we’re thrilled to roll out these impressive new features and improvements:
- Pit Tool: an additional set of utilities for developing Peach Pits
- APC and SNMP Power Monitors: reduce your reboots and fuzz while power cycling
- New fragmentation layer: easily model fragmented protocols
- Swagger & Postman analyzers: automatically convert JSON docs and collections into Peach Pits
- HTTP & REST publishers: fault detection and exposed headers? Check!
And no quarterly update of ours would be complete without expanding our library of supported protocols and file formats. Check out our latest Peach Pits:
- HL7 v2 XML: fuzzes XML renderings of health care records
- HL7 Network: fuzzes MLLP and TCP content receivers and senders
- DICOM+: fragmentation support for large files, enhanced UI
- ZIP & CAB: configure your sample files and let Peach do the heavy lifting
- Our expanded cipher suites now include support for 13 commonly used ciphers
Introducing the Pit Tool:
To assist with end users vulnerability management processes, we’re introducing a new Pit Tool that users analyzers that regenerate XSDs to ensure pits are compatible with Peach. While the essential functionality here has long been a part of Peach, this verison will now allow users to manually update pits as needed, and generate metadata to go with the pit, thus enhancing UI.
Notably, Peach Fuzzer 4.0 will affect the backwards compatibility of some features. Features aren’t being taken away inasmuch as aging functionality will be moving to its own binary, and forthcoming updates will notify users of deprecated features.
We’ve been doing all the hard work behind the scenes so our users can experience the sweet results. For those who already have their hands on Peach Professional or Enterprise, they should make sure to upgrade since this release has a few breaking changes and deprecations to be aware of.
These incredible capabilities have been developed to help organizations root out zero days in an intelligent and automated fashion. Learn more at peachfuzzer.com.