Podcast advertising commands high CPMs because it works, but brands and agencies want more control and better measurement. ART19 provides the analytics they’re looking for. ART19’s targeting and dynamic ad insertion also opens up new revenue opportunities
San Francisco, CA (PRWEB) August 03, 2016
Podcast technology company ART19 officially launches today, announcing that Midroll Media, DGital Media and Wondery are leveraging the platform’s advanced capabilities for dynamic ad insertion, audience targeting and listener measurement. Founded by software entrepreneur Sean Carr and podcast producer Matt Belknap, ART19 is emerging from beta following eight months of extensive testing with more than 350 shows.
New data from Wondery and comScore shows that people prefer ads in podcasts over any other digital medium. ART19’s targeting and measurement capabilities are helping brands leverage this engagement.
According to Hernan Lopez, former Fox International Channels CEO and now Founder and CEO of Wondery, “Podcast advertising commands high CPMs because it works, but brands and agencies want more control and better measurement. ART19 provides the analytics they’re looking for. ART19’s targeting and dynamic ad insertion also opens up new revenue opportunities for us and our clients.”
ART19’s benefits include:
- Dynamic Insertion of Host-Read Spots: ART19’s proprietary WarpFeed® technology enables publishers to update back catalogs with fresh advertising; back catalogs comprise more than 50 percent of listening on some podcasts.
- Ad Targeting: ART19 enables delivery of different ads to different listeners of a podcast episode, even in iTunes.
- APIs for Improved Audience Measurement: ART19 players and APIs offer vastly improved listening data relative to what is available in RSS, the distribution format that still dominates the space.
Says ART19 Founder and CEO Sean Carr, “With our players and APIs, podcast producers will get listening telemetry. They will see when their listeners start, stop, and skip. They will finally be able to sell impressions, not just downloads.”
Adds DGital’s Chief Content Officer Chris Corcoran, “We’ve been working with ART19 since our launch because we find their player and analytics, along with their top tier team, to be the best in the industry. We look forward their continued product development, which will help drive innovation for the podcasting ecosystem.”
Publishers now working with ART19 include:
- Midroll Media: The leading podcast production and advertising company’s Earwolf network, which includes hit shows Comedy Bang! Bang! and How Did This Get Made?, has begun using ART19, and Midroll will make ART19 its third-party hosting preferred provider. Doug Benson’s Doug Loves Movies is already hosted on the platform.
- DGital Media: The audio engagement company whose partners include UFC, Recode Media, The Vertical Podcast Network with Woj and Yahoo! Sports, Fox Sports Digital, Gannett and many others, has partnered with ART19 to host most of its content.
- Wondery: The FOX-backed venture specializing in mobile and on-demand audio storytelling has also partnered with ART19 for all of its scripted and unscripted shows, including Found, Sword & Scale, Real Crime Profile and Stories Podcast and Radio Drama Revival.
“While podcasting has always offered the type of lean forward engagement that advertisers are looking for, it had limitations,” commented Teddy Lynn, a Chief Creative Officer at Ogilvy & Mather and member of ART19's board of directors. “With ART19's technology, we now have measurement, targeting and contextual relevance at scale, and as a result, I would expect more agencies and brands to consider adding the medium to their mix."
ART19 provides tools for hosting, distribution and monetization of podcasts, bringing enhanced listening metrics and ad serving technologies to publishers and advertisers. Founded by software entrepreneur Sean Carr and podcast producer Matt Belknap with input from top ad agencies, the platform solves problems with ad targeting, ad replacement, and limited measurement in the space. ART19’s technologies are helping agencies and brands leverage the increasingly popular medium and its highly engaged audiences. For more information, visit http://www.art19.com.
Wondery is a brand-new media company specialized in mobile and on-demand audio storytelling, that connects wonderers and brands to a world of entertainment and a world of knowledge. For more information, visit wondery.com.
About DGital Media
DGital Media (http://www.DGitalMedia.com) is a leading innovator and creator of on-demand audio entertainment in sports, tech, comedy and news. DGital Media’s growing list of programming partners includes Re/Code, Yahoo! Sports, The Vertical, Fox Sports Digital and the UFC, and features some of the most influential voices in sports, comedy, tech, and news, including Adrian Wojnarowski, J.J. Redick, Kara Swisher, Sherrod Small, Katie Nolan, Jim Norton, Matt Serra, Peter Kafka and Brian Kilmeade. DGital brings authentic and informative audio programming together with brands to inform and engage audiences. The company is headquartered in New York, with offices in Los Angeles and San Francisco.