Berwyn, PA (PRWEB) August 03, 2016
Recent discoveries and the latest trends in talcum powder litigation will be discussed at Perrin Conferences’ Asbestos Litigation Conference: A National Overview & Outlook. A panel of medical experts has been assembled to discuss both industrial and cosmetic talcum powder and its alleged causation of various types of cancers. A mock trial featuring a female plaintiff diagnosed with peritoneal mesothelioma supposedly caused by asbestos contaminated talc products will follow, and will include presentations before live jurors by plaintiff and defense counsel.
This annual conference, being held on September 12-14, 2016 at the Fairmont San Francisco Hotel, attracts over 700 attendees and encourages leading plaintiff and defense attorneys, judges, insurance professionals, in-house counsel, and scientific and medical experts to engage in thought-provoking discussions regarding cutting-edge knowledge, trends and updates in the asbestos litigation industry. To view the current agenda and list of speakers, visit here.
Panelists on the Talc Litigation panel include:
- Sean Fitzgerald, PG, Senior Research Scientist, Scientific Analytical Institute, Inc., Greensboro, NC
- Alan Segrave, P.G., Division Manager, Laboratory Services, Bureau Veritas, Atlanta, GA
- Linda Tatka, Claims Director, San Francisco Reinsurance Company, Allianz Resolution Management (ARM), Petaluma, CA
- Drew Van Orden, Senior Consulting Scientist, RJ Lee Group, Monroeville, PA.
Mock Trial Presentations before Live Jurors by Plaintiff and Defense Counsel:
The mock trial exercise will involve a female plaintiff diagnosed with peritoneal mesothelioma allegedly caused by exposure to asbestos-contaminated talc products.
- Plaintiff presentation: Plaintiff’s alleged exposure to asbestos-contaminated talc; dose analysis.
- Defense presentation: Defendant’s conduct; dose analysis; alternative causes
- Defense presentation: Epidemiology regarding idiopathic peritoneal mesothelioma in women
- Plaintiff presentation: Epidemiology regarding medical causation; damages
In addition to providing exclusive opportunities for learning, networking, and information sharing, this conference offers Continuing Legal Education (CLE) Credit and CE Adjuster Credit for qualified candidates. For more information regarding registration and hotel accommodations, please visit http://www.PerrinConferences.com.
About Perrin Conferences
As the leading national provider of joint plaintiff/defendant litigation conferences, Perrin Conferences offers comprehensive and specialized continuing legal education (CE/CLE) in an atmosphere of learning, networking and sharing. The company’s conferences attract influential leaders and foremost talent in the legal industry to discuss current topics in litigation through mock trials, presentations and webinars, setting the standard in professional litigation education and networking.
# # #