By utilizing immersion heating the customer was able to achieve consistent and precise temperature control for their melting and holding process. The efficiency of the immersion heat also provided an economical solution for their production needs.
(PRWEB) August 06, 2016
Lindberg/MPH announced the shipment of a lead melting and holding furnace to a supplier of the automotive industry. The gas fired immersion tube furnace is used in the manufacture of lead plates for automotive batteries. The immersion heat allows for efficient and economical melting and holding of the lead while providing the precise temperature control required for the customer’s casting process.
The furnace utilizes nine immersion tubes, each with its own burner, boasting over 28,000 square inches of heat transfer area for efficient heating of the metal without super heating which can result in metal losses. The capacity of the lead melting and holding furnace is 121,000 lbs. The unit is CE certified for use on 380/3/50 current for the end user in China. The industrial furnace is completely assembled and shipped as one unit.
Unique features of this immersion tube furnace include:
- Individually operable spark ignited burners with flame rod sensors
- Each burner has its own gas/air ration regulator assuring the correct air and gas mixture for dependable ignition and efficient combustion
- On-off firing allows for a wide input range virtually eliminating temperature creep
- The sow cradle protects the immersion tubes from possible damage from charging of large and heavy lead hogs
- The hog ramp feeding onto the sow cradle allows for automatic loading of lead hogs and gently slides the pigs into the bath
- The extended well at the front of the furnace was designed into the furnace specifically to provide the necessary space for the customer’s casting process equipment
- Forced air cooling of the rear splash shield support and the front tube hold down structure eliminates heat distortion of the support structural.
In addition to melting and holding furnaces for non-ferrous alloys, Lindberg/MPH is a leading manufacturer of standard and custom industrial heat treat furnaces, including pit, box, IQ, and belt type for the ferrous and non-ferrous markets. Lindberg/MPH customers cover a wide range of industries including aerospace/military, automotive, commercial heat treating, energy/oil, electronics and the forging markets. Founded in 1917, the company has more than 75,000 industrial furnace installations worldwide and their equipment is backed by a full range of customer support services and the most extensive replacement parts inventory in the industry. Lindberg/MPH is a proven leader in the thermal processing industry, with a long track record of proven policies and management practices.
Lindberg/MPH is owned by Thermal Product Solutions (“TPS”), a leading American manufacturer of custom industrial ovens used for heat treating, finishing, drying, curing, manufacturing automation and process control. TPS is a global leader in thermal processing products and test solutions with brands including Blue M, Gruenberg, Tenney, Lindberg, MPH, Wisconsin Oven, and Baker Furnace. For more information on equipment solutions from TPS visit the website at http://www.thermalproductsolutions.com.