Chicago, IL (PRWEB) August 08, 2016
The Procurement Executive Round Table (PERT) – a collaboration between The Mpower Group, Corporate United and ISM-Chicago met on Wednesday, July 13, 2016 for a 1/2 - day summit focused on the challenges of Talent Management. PERT is a relaunch of the highly successful Next Practices Xchange – “NPX”. It was attended by a “Who’s Who” of the Midwest’s top Strategic Sourcing, Procurement and Supply Chain Executives. Over 20 senior executives met who represent over 760,000 employees and $172 billion in revenue.
Dalip Raheja, President and CEO of The Mpower Group facilitated the session. The group explored the following questions:
- What roles do a Next Practice Procurement organization play today?
- What competencies are required to play those roles?
- What needs to change to allow a Procurement to play a more strategic role?
- What does an end-t-end talent management program look like and what are the benefits?
- How is competency development different from training?
- How do you ensure that development of new competencies stick?
- How can you get started on making your Procurement organization strategic, viable and actively supported?
Some of the conclusions reached by the group were:
- Talent Management has been a HUGE issue for a number of years
- Strategic competencies (e.g. communication, problem solving, change leadership, etc.) are far more important than functional competencies
- Both academic institutions and professional associations (who offer training) fall short in providing strategic competency development
- Everyone agreed that it was difficult to recruit and then retain top talent
The best news was that the group wanted to continue to work on the issue. As a result, a small team is being formed to come up with practical solutions to present back at our next meeting.
Carlton Adams, VP Global Category Management, Mastercard remarked: “As the complexity and velocity of business transactions increases, corporations are placing greater emphasis on supply chain and procurement optimization. The PERT forum is a great way for executives to share ideas for confronting this changing landscape. The intimate setting and member-driven agenda is much more useful than any annual conference.”
Procurement Executive Round Table (PERT), is a collaboration between The Mpower Group, Corporate United and ISM-Chicago. PERT is a “members-only” peer -to-peer organization comprised of senior executives from Fortune 1,000 organizations. The group meets quarterly to share ideas in a forum setting, provide advanced solutions and network. Each member brings expertise and varied talents to the group which allows all members to benefit from participation. PERT addresses major Global Sourcing and Supply Chain challenges such as:
- Building World-Class Sourcing and Supply Chain Organizations
- Relationship Management (SRM) and Governance
- Category Management
- Integration of Technology into Supply Chain
- Competency Based Talent Management
- Managing Outsourcing Arrangements
Meeting topics will be chosen by the members and the goal is to develop a Community of Practice to enable and facilitate the sharing of Next Practices. The meetings will be facilitated by globally recognized and award-winning Sourcing, Procurement and Supply Chain consultancy – The Mpower Group.
About The Mpower Group
The Mpower Group (TMG) is a global management consulting firm. We work with Fortune 500 companies to unleash the potential in their Strategic Sourcing, Procurement and Supply Chain organizations through Strategic Talent Management, Accelerating Transformations, and Maximizing Value from large or complex transactions. TMG is in the business of Mpowering our clients to accelerate exceptional business results by unleashing the full potential of their organizations. Our expertise ranges from developing strategies and executing large, global business transformations across entire organizations to assistance with specific projects or individual transactions.