Finance and accounting professionals in today’s energy industry are busy. This new learning resource library is accessible anytime and anywhere, making it easier for them to get the CPE and education they need.
Denton, Texas (PRWEB) August 23, 2016
Professional Development Institute (PDI), a 43-year provider of oil and gas training for financial professionals, announces the launch of its newest training initiative, Energy On-Demand. Energy tax professionals now have a new choice in innovative, convenient on-demand programming with the launch of this training library, according to Bob George, CPA, Director of PDI’s Energy Programs and Conferences.
PDI is launching this new virtual library with a series of oil and gas taxation courses. In conjunction with national recognized oil and gas taxation experts Dr. Pat Hennessee and attorney Sean Hennessee of Hennessee Education Partners, PDI has crafted 15 courses under the Essentials of Oil and Gas Taxation curriculum.
The new virtual library features online-only learning courses on a variety of topics relevant to energy industry professionals. More courses in the taxation line, as well as courses in accounting, audit and general oil and gas business issues, will be released over the coming months.
“The rationale behind this new initiative is time,” George said, “Finance and accounting professionals in today’s energy industry are busy. This new learning resource library is accessible anytime and anywhere, making it easier for them to get the CPE and education they need.”
Energy On-Demand launches with the Essentials of Oil and Gas Taxation courses, designed for upstream operations and industry tax professionals. The program level is basic: no advanced preparation or prerequisites are required.
To register and begin the series, visit online.pdi.org. All courses grant one to one-and-a-half hours of CPE, with up to 17 total CPE credit hours available. The price is $89.00 per each course.
Available courses are:
- Acquisitions of Oil and Gas Property
- The Unit of Property for Oil and Gas Taxation
- Geological and Geophysical Costs
- Intangible Drilling and Development Costs (IDC) – Identifying Intangible Predrilling Costs and IDCs
- Intangible Completion Cost (IDC) and Classifying Costs Between (1) Leasehold Costs, (2) G&G Costs, (3) IDC (4) Equipment, and Lease Operating Expenses
- IDC Elections and Timing Issues
- Tax Preference ICD for AMT
- Overview of Oil and Gas Depletion and Cost Depletion
- Oil and Gas Percentage Depletion, Gross Depletable Income and the New Income Limitation
Courses coming soon are:
- §613A Limitation of Percentage Depletion on Oil and Gas Producers
- Depreciation Issues for Oil and Gas Producers
- Conveyances of Oil and Gas Property – Sublease vs. Sale
- Oil and Gas Production Payments
- Conveyances of Oil and Gas Properties Using Sharing Arrangements and Carried Interest
- Losses and Abandonments of Oil and Gas Properties
The Professional Development Institute Inc. (PDI) has provided education, information and training for more than four decades. With the help of PDI’s courses, more than 500,000 professionals have gained the knowledge that increase performance on topics ranging from oil and gas accounting to financial management, private investigations, legal and business skills. PDI is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit educational foundation benefitting the University of North Texas.
For more information, contact Jennifer Murray at jmurray(at)pdi(dot)org or 940.565.4497. Visit energy.pdi.org to learn more.