Delray Beach, Florida (PRWEB) August 18, 2016
Brandon Hall Group, the leading independent Human Capital Management research and analyst firm, today announced release of two new research studies – Learning Measurement and Onboarding -- on DataNow™, the firm’s online research tool featuring proprietary and primary research data.
The new studies join eight other 2016 studies already posted to DataNow™: Learning Technology, State of Learning, Talent Acquisition Technology, Workforce Management Technology, Performance Management, Wage and Labor Law Compliance, Mobile Learning, and Women in Leadership.
DataNow™, available through subscription or Brandon Hall Group membership, includes:
- Access to Brandon Hall Group's proprietary and primary research data.
- Timely, relevant HCM data, filtered by market size, geography organizational performance, and corporate culture.
- Ability to compare and contrast data points from leading HCM practices across high-performing organizations.
- Ability to conduct custom research projects internally.
- Ability to share data -- the right data -- with colleagues, customers, clients and partners.
“DataNow™ offers unprecedented access to proprietary data. We are creating new flexible programs for organizations to make use of the data. These two latest studies – Learning Measurement and Onboarding – include actionable data that we have not seen elsewhere in the marketplace,” Brandon Hall Group CEO Mike Cooke said.
Learning Measurement Study
With all of the time, money and energy spent on learning, it is important for organizations to know just what kind of results they are getting for their efforts. It can be challenging, however, to figure out what to measure and how. Brandon Hall Group's 2016 Learning Measurement Study examines the ways organizations approach learning measurement, with a focus on the metrics and methods used. The results of the study indicate that most organizations are still struggling with more strategic measurements:
- Fewer than 25% of companies capture anything beyond very basic metrics.
- Only 13% of organizations believe they are effective or very effective at measuring informal learning
- Forty percent of companies do not measure any of their learning at Kirkpatrick Level 4.
The online survey gathered 374 usable responses representing individuals from 52 countries and more than 40 different industries. The study was completed in July 2016.
Brandon Hall Group's 2016 Onboarding survey delves into how organizations are currently practicing onboarding, areas of improvement needed, management of the process, the importance and effectiveness of onboarding practices, administration of onboarding practices, duration of onboarding, metrics, emphasis on learning methodologies during onboarding and the use of onboarding technology.
Three of the key findings in this survey are:
- The majority of organizations (72%) are dissatisfied with their current onboarding process and are looking to improve the new hire experience (62%), collaboration (56%), time-to-proficiency (53%), and assimilation (51%).
- The duration of the onboarding process is not always a driver of organizational performance. High-performing organizations (HiPOs) had, on average, a shorter duration for onboarding than other organizations (26 days for HiPOs vs. 33 days for others).
- There are large gaps between the importance attributed to onboarding practices and the effectiveness of implementing those practices.
This data comes from a survey that concluded in July 2016. There were 388 usable respondents. Responses represent business, HR, talent acquisition, and learning professionals from organizations headquartered in 22 different countries across more than 25 industries.
About Brandon Hall Group:
Brandon Hall Group is a HCM research and advisory services firm that provides insights around key performance areas, including Learning and Development, Talent Management, Leadership Development, Talent Acquisition and HR/Workforce Management.
With more than 10,000 clients globally and 20 years of delivering world-class research and advisory services, Brandon Hall Group is focused on developing research that drives performance in emerging and large organizations, and provides strategic insights for executives and practitioners responsible for growth and business results.
At the core of our offerings is a Membership Program that combines research, benchmarking and unlimited access to data and analysts. The Membership Program offers insights and best practices to enable executives and practitioners to make the right decisions about people, processes, and systems, coalesced with analyst advisory services which aim to put the research into action in a way that is practical and efficient. ###