New York, New York (PRWEB) August 23, 2016
The Conference Forum has announced a strong line-up of renowned keynote speakers for the 6th Annual Partnership Opportunities in Drug Delivery (PODD) conference that will be taking place on October 27-28, 2016 at the Fairmont Copley Plaza in Boston, MA.
Headlining the event as the opening keynote speaker is biomedical engineer, Dr. Robert Langer, the David H. Koch Institute Professor at MIT. Joining Dr. Langer as additional keynote speakers are Dr. George Church, a genetics pioneer and professor at Harvard University; Mir Imran, a leading medical device inventor and life sciences entrepreneur; and Dr. Jorg Thommes, Senior Vice President of Technical Development at Biogen.
This strategic-level event covering the latest drug delivery technology developments is chaired by Dr. Barbara Lueckel, Global Business Development Director of Roche. For the event’s three annual Technology Track sessions the chairs are: Ann Daugherty, PhD, Senior Manager of Drug Delivery at Genentech (Non-Injective Delivery Technologies); Mark Wilson, Director of Platform Technology & Science at GSK and Director at SR One (Injectable Delivery Technologies); and Ullrich Bruggemann, Head of Academics & Innovation at Sanofi (Drug Delivery Devices). In addition, Julia Rashba-Step, PhD, Senior Director, Technology and Innovation, Pfizer BioTherapeutics, will chair the event’s DDS Soapbox session.
This annual Boston-based conference is designed with three purposes:
- To present a strategic level program for pharma and biotech business development professionals with a thorough overview of the latest drug delivery technologies available along with an update on deals and opportunities to improve therapies and extend the life cycle of a drug.
- To provide drug delivery and specialty pharmas with a platform to present their technologies and get the latest insights on what the delivery and formulation needs are.
- To offer ample networking time, facilities and services for one-on-one meetings to establish new business contacts and enhance existing ones.
Highlights of the event include:
- Partnering Case Studies featuring Pfizer, AstraZeneca and Bind, as well as Pfizer and Halozyme
- Creative Partnering Models to Support 21st Century Healthcare Innovations
- Device Strategies for High Volume/Viscosity Drugs
- Making “Products-fit-for-Patients”
- Digital Drug Delivery
- Next Generation Diabetes Products
For more information, visit http://theconferenceforum.org/conferences/partners-in-drug-delivery/overview/
About the Conference Forum
The Conference Forum develops specialized events for professionals in the life science and healthcare industries. We currently offer conferences for R&D leaders, clinical development professionals, biotech executives, VCs, drug delivery specialists, patient advocates and FDA executives. The Conference Forum mission is to create the best content, exchange ideas and provide quality networking to help move therapeutics to patients faster. http://www.theconferenceforum.org