(PRWEB) August 19, 2016
Pendleton Woolen Mills, a globally celebrated American lifestyle brand headquartered in Portland, Oregon, announces the Grand Opening of the newest retail store in Seattle, Washington. The three day opening (Thursday – Saturday, August 25-27, 2016) will include several special events; a birthday party for the National Park Service, which celebrates 100 years on August 25th, a Pendleton Whisky and Rogue craft brew tasting, special Pendleton Maker guest, gifts with purchase, daily prize drawings, and more. See below for a complete list of activities. The new Pendleton store in downtown Seattle offers women’s and men’s apparel, accessories, blankets and home furnishings.
“Pendleton has become an iconic Northwest brand and consumers in the region have grown to rely on our dependable quality and craftsmanship,” said Mort Bishop III, Pendleton President. “We’re pleased to offer authentic Pendleton products to our neighbors in the greater Seattle market from apparel to Northwest inspired home products.”
Thursday, August 25, 2016
Grand Opening, 10:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
- The Grand Opening is a 100th birthday party for the National Park Service
- View a screening of “Canyon Song” – a short film about two young Navajo girls learning and honoring traditions in Canyon de Chelly
- Enjoy refreshments and enter to win a Pendleton National Park Blanket!
- Pendleton will make an additional donation to the National Park Service for all Parks merchandise sold that day
Wool & Whisky Party
5:30 – 7:00 p.m.
Enjoy live music and meet the Pendleton team at our Wool and Whisky Lounge
- Taste Pendleton whisky from Hood River Distiller and craft brews from Rogue Ales and Spirits
- Limited-Edition gifts for the first fifty guests and special drawings throughout the festivities
- Special donation to Rainier National Park
Friday, August 26, 2016
American Indian College Fund Day, Open to Close
- Learn more about the American Indian College Fund
- Pendleton will make an additional donation for all The College Fund blankets sold 8/26 – 8/27
Meet the Artist
5:00 – 6:00 p.m.
- Meet Preston Singletary, internationally celebrated glass artist and designer of the “Raven and the Box of Knowledge” American Indian College Fund blanket
- Learn about the work of The College Fund and see the blanket collection
- Enjoy refreshments and watch “Canyon Song,” a short film about two young Navajo girls learning and honoring traditions in the Canyon de Chelly
Saturday, August 27, 2016
Meet our Makers, 2:00 – 6:00 p.m.
- Meet Cameron Krebs, a member of the Umatilla County wool-growing family who has been working with Pendleton for close to 100 years
- Experience the amazing properties of wool, with crafting projects, videos and refreshments
The Pendleton Seattle Store is located at 1313 4th Avenue, Seattle, Washington, 98101. Open Monday – Saturday from 10:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m., Sunday 12:00 – 5:00 p.m. For more information call (206) 682-4430.
Setting the standard for classic American style, Pendleton is a lifestyle brand recognized as a symbol of American heritage, authenticity and craftsmanship. With six generations of family ownership since 1863, the company recently celebrated 153 years of weaving fabrics in the Pacific Northwest. Known for fabric innovation, Pendleton owns and operates two of America’s remaining woolen mills, constantly updating them with state-of-the-art looms and eco-friendly technology. Inspired by its heritage, the company designs and produces apparel for men and women, blankets, home décor, and gifts. Pendleton is available through select retailers in the U.S., Canada, Europe, Japan, Korea and Australia; Pendleton stores; company catalogs; and direct-to-consumer channels including the Pendleton website, http://www.pendleton-usa.com.