The new leadership team will not only provide invaluable guidance with regards to our strategic direction and efforts to support the biopharmaceutical manufacturing industry, but will continue the organization’s further globalization.
Bethesda, Maryland (PRWEB) August 23, 2016
The International Society for Pharmaceutical Engineering (ISPE) announced the results of its 2016 – 2017 International Board of Directors election, revealing a slate of strategic leaders who represent a variety of pharmaceutical industry sectors. The Board is responsible for the governance and strategic direction of the Society and will assume their elected positions at the 2016 ISPE Annual Meeting & Expo, 18 – 21 September in Atlanta, Georgia USA.
“I am looking forward to collaborating with the incoming International Board of Directors to further the organization and advance the Society mission and vision,” said John Bournas, President and CEO, ISPE. “The new leadership team will not only provide invaluable guidance with regards to our strategic direction and efforts to support the biopharmaceutical manufacturing industry, but will continue the organization’s further globalization.”
The following pharmaceutical industry leaders have been elected to positions on the 2016 – 2017 ISPE International Board of Directors:
- Chair: Michael A. Arnold, RPh, Business Process Owner for Investigational Products and Senior Director of Strategic Partnerships, Global Clinical Supply Chain, Pfizer
- Vice Chair: Timothy P. Howard, CPIP, PE, Vice President of Global Operations, Commissioning Agents, Inc.
- Treasurer: James Breen Jr, PE, Vice President, Worldwide Engineering and Technical Operations, Johnson & Johnson
- Secretary: Frances (Fran) M. Zipp, President & CEO, Lachman Consultant Services, Inc.
The following individual served in 2014 – 2016 and has been re-elected to a second two-year term:
- Joanne R. Barrick, RPh, Advisor in Global Validation Support, Eli Lilly and Company
- Peter S. Carbone, Vice President, Global Head External Relations, Group Quality, Novartis
- Christine M.V. Moore, PhD, Global Head and Executive Director, GRACS CMC – Policy, Merck
- Fatma Taman, General Manager, PharmaVision
- Jörg Zimmermann, Vice President of Vetter Development Services, Vetter Pharma Fertigung GmbH&Co KG
Continuing Board Members:
In addition to those named above, the following Directors were elected in 2015 to serve a two-year term and will continue their service on the Board:
- Tony (Antonio) Crincoli, PE, Executive Director and Head of Global Engineering Services, Bristol-Myers Squibb
- Thomas Hartman, Vice President of GMP Operations, Biopharm CMC, GlaxoSmithKline
- Robert (Bob) Matje, PE, CPIP, Principal, RemTech, LLC
- Antonio (Tony) R. Moreira, PhD, Vice Provost for Academic Affairs at the University of Maryland, Baltimore County (UMBC)
- Christopher Reid, CEO, Integrity Solutions Limited
The 2015 – 2016 Board Chair will continue service on the Board in 2016 – 2017 as Immediate Past Chair:
- Immediate Past Chair: Joseph Famulare, Vice President - Global Quality Compliance and External Collaboration, Genentech/Roche, Pharma Technical Operations
Complete biographical information on all of ISPE’s International Board can be found at the ISPE Board of Directors webpage.
The International Society for Pharmaceutical Engineering is the world’s largest not-for-profit association serving its members through leading scientific, technical, and regulatory advancement across the entire pharmaceutical lifecycle. The 18,000 members of ISPE are building solutions in the development and manufacture of safe, effective pharmaceutical and biologic medicines, and medical delivery devices in more than 90 countries around the world. Founded in 1980, ISPE has its worldwide headquarters in Bethesda, Maryland, USA, and an operations and training center in Tampa, Florida, USA. Visit http://www.ISPE.org for more information.
For more information, contact:
Senior Director, Marketing Communications
International Society for Pharmaceutical Engineering (ISPE)