“M-Files is a simple, secure and powerful answer to the challenge of enterprise document management,” said GTSI President George Bergmark.
(PRWEB) August 24, 2016
GT Solutions International (GTSI), an Atlanta-based provider of enterprise information management solutions, today detailed the latest release improvements in the M-Files document management solution. GTSI is an M-Files Gold Partner, helping organizations deploy the solution and significantly reduce both non-billable man hours and file storage complexity.
“M-Files is a simple, secure and powerful answer to the challenge of enterprise document management,” said GTSI President George Bergmark. “With the latest release, M-Files has become more accessible and user friendly, with significant advances in several of its key features.”
Key benefits in M-Files version 2015.2 include:
Better, Faster File Handling
- File sharing with non-M-Files users, with the ability to generate and share public file links, and view shared files through the user interface. Users can specify expiration date and time, as well as description, for each sharing link.
- User-based metadata card configuration, including the ability to add “Tooltips” for value list items in the metadata card.
- File and data speed improvements, including up to 75 percent faster file uploads and downloads as well as quicker searches.
The 2015.2 release also increased database compression efficiency, resulting in better performance.
Application Updates (Web and Mobile)
- Reduced Java dependency, support for Google Chrome through a new M-Files for Chrome extension, and integration with Microsoft Office Online Apps (Word, Excel and PowerPoint). For the latter feature, organizations can configure M-Files Web for read-only access to files in Office Online Apps. Users working with M-Files Cloud Vault can open and edit Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) files directly in Office Online Apps.
- A new Universal App optimized for Windows 10 (with support for touch screens), as well as improvements in the M-Files Android and iOS apps (with support for most metadata card configurations). In all M-Files mobile apps (Android, iOS and Windows Universal), configure timeout parameters for user sessions.
M-Files Desktop Application
- Set up fields in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint documents and auto-fill them with metadata properties with the M-Files for Microsoft Office plug-in installed.
- Prevent users without edit rights from editing metadata or making any changes.
- Drag-and-drop new documents to add them to metadata objects, automatically creating relationships between the two objects.
- Edit objects in offline mode, with the ability to specify how and when offline changes are saved.
- Antimalware support for Windows Server 2016 for any configured anti-virus software that is compatible with Windows Antimalware Scan Interface (AMSI).
- If real-time scanning is enabled, files uploaded to M-Files Server will be scanned for viruses and malware.
“M-Files has long appealed to our customer base for its ability to automate business processes while ensuring compliance and security with metadata-driven automated permissions,” noted Bergmark. “Our customers will love these new enhancements, and we look forward to sharing them with those organizations and their users.”
GT Solutions International (GTSI) has been providing enterprise information and business process management solutions to a wide range of industries since 1994. These industries include Fortune 100 companies, for profit and non-profit, domestically and internationally. As an M-Files, AccountMate and Microsoft Business Partner, GTSI has established a reputation for helping businesses overcome the challenges of organizing, storing and maintaining their data. Our background with financial management systems makes us uniquely qualified to deal with data retention issues subject to regulatory compliance requirements. Entities struggling with standardization, naming conventions, version control and keeping track of documents pay tribute to the quality of our solutions. Find out more at http://www.solutions-intl.com.