Charleston, S.C. (PRWEB) August 26, 2016
Get your running shoes ready and join the South Carolina Aquarium for the inaugural Turtle Trek 5K sunset beach run/walk taking place September 10, 2016 on Isle of Palms, S.C. Kids can also join the action by taking part in the kids’ fun run on the beach.
All proceeds from the Turtle Trek will support the construction of the new Sea Turtle Recovery™ exhibit. The exhibit, which is part of the Aquarium’s Sea Turtle Care Center™, will present the remarkable journey from rescue, to rehabilitation, to release that each of the Aquarium’s sea turtles experience, enabling guests to share in this journey.
The Turtle Trek will take place rain or shine with an after-party immediately following at The Windjammer.
Ahead of the Turtle Trek 5K beach run, join the Charleston Chapter of the Surfrider Foundation for a beach sweep starting at 5 p.m. Join in picking up litter from the beach, keeping turtles safe from marine debris. Bags and gloves will be provided. Thanks to College Hunks Hauling Junk for trash and recycling removal.
- Saturday, September 10, 2016
- $40 for the 5K and $20 for the kids’ fun run
- 5K registration includes race entry, T-shirt, reusable water bottle and after-party access
- Kids’ fun run registration includes T-shirt, reusable water bottle and participation ribbon
- Event begins at Isle of Palms County Park, Isle of Palms, S.C.
- Packet pick-up is Friday, September 9 from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. at Dick’s Sporting Goods (1114 Bowman Road, Mount Pleasant, SC 29464)
- Day-of packet pick-up begins at 5 p.m., kids’ fun run begins at 6 p.m., 5K begins at 6:30 p.m.
- After-party with awards, food from Home Team BBQ and live music by The Distinguished Gentlemen: The Windjammer, 1008 Ocean Boulevard, Isle of Palms, S.C.
- Pre-run Beach Sweep with Surfrider Charleston at 5 p.m.
- To register click here
Presented by: Crews Subaru of Charleston, AstenJohnson, Caldwell Partners and Publix Super Markets Charities
For all media inquiries, please contact Kate Dittloff at (843) 579-8660 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the South Carolina Aquarium:
The South Carolina Aquarium features thousands of amazing aquatic animals from river otters and sharks to loggerhead turtles in more than 60 exhibits representing the rich biodiversity of South Carolina from the mountains to the sea. Dedicated to promoting education and conservation, the Aquarium also presents fabulous views of the Charleston Harbor and interactive exhibits and programs for visitors of all ages.
The South Carolina Aquarium is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization and is open daily from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. (last ticket sold at 4 p.m.) The Aquarium is closed Thanksgiving Day, half day Dec. 24 (open 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.) and Dec. 25. Admission prices are: Toddlers (2 and under) free; Youth (3-12) $17.95; Adults (13+) $24.95. The Aquarium plus the 4-D Theater experience is free for Toddlers, $22.95 for Children, $29.95 for Adults. The 4-D Theater experience only is $6.95 for Children and Adults and free for Members. For more information, call (843) 577-FISH (3474) or visit scaquarium.org.