LOS ANGELES, Calif. (PRWEB) August 25, 2016
Vehicles are one of the largest investments a person makes and credit unions are well-known for providing their members some of the most affordable loan rates available. To help credit union members protect their investment from potential repairs for longer than the typical standard manufacturer warranty*, Mercury Mechanical Breakdown has launched “Fast Quote,” an easy-to-sell and inexpensive mechanical breakdown protection program to extend their vehicle’s protection.
“Consumers are keeping their cars longer for a variety of reasons, including improved vehicle quality, the cost of new vehicles or, simply, wanting to save money,” says David Linton, General Manager of Mercury’s Mechanical Breakdown Division. “Mercury is continuously looking for ways to help those in our communities save money whenever possible. Credit unions and Mercury share a commitment to community, so they were a natural partner with which to launch this program.”
Fast Quote is different from other Mechanical Breakdown Protection Programs:
- A single rate card is all credit union employees need to quote coverage, making it simple to sell.
- The simplified pricing model includes all vehicle surcharges, which means there are no extra charges for AWD/4WD, Turbo or even special electronics.
- Mercury’s Fast Quote program offers three levels of coverage:
•Platinum – Factory-like named exclusion coverage for virtually all mechanical and electrical components unless the part is specifically listed as “not covered.”
•Silver – Named component coverage that covers nine core component categories including many mechanical and electrical components.
•Copper – A powertrain plan with certain additional named component coverages.
- Mercury’s new Fast Quote Mechanical Breakdown Protection covers no less than 15,000 miles of driving per year, compared to the industry norm of 12,000, further protecting a credit union’s auto loan. All coverages are add-on to the existing miles on the odometer.
- Mercury’s Fast Quote program covers seals and gaskets, exceeding industry standards. Copper seals and gaskets coverage is in conjunction with a covered component repair.
Additionally, there’s no limit to the number of claims that can be made, and all plans are standard $0 deductible per visit. Credit union members also have sixty (60) days to try the program or cancel and receive a full refund (less the cost of any claims).
“Credit Union 1 is excited to be partnering with Mercury once again to offer our members a mechanical breakdown protection product that provides peace of mind with their auto loans. Our past experience with Mercury, combined with their new Fast Quote program made them the natural choice when we were in the market for a new vendor,” said Chrissy Bell, Senior Vice President of Communications and Culture at Credit Union 1, headquartered in Anchorage, Alaska.
To learn more about Fast Quote, email mbpmarketing(at)mercuryinsurance(dot)com or call at 1-800-654-8455 ext. 41013.
ABOUT MERCURY INSURANCE
Mercury Insurance (MCY) is a multiple-line insurance organization predominantly offering personal automobile, homeowners and commercial insurance through a network of independent agents in Arizona, California, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, Oklahoma, Texas and Virginia. Since 1962, Mercury has specialized in offering quality insurance at affordable prices. For more information visit http://www.mercuryinsurance.com or Facebook and follow the company on Twitter.
Mercury Mechanical Breakdown Division is a leading provider of mechanical breakdown protection to the financial institution, dealer and agent markets and is available in all 50 states.