Wadsworth, Ohio (PRWEB) August 29, 2016
Attorney Daniel Gigiano has announced the publication of a whitepaper he has authored on Ohio DUI and OVI law. Attorney Gigiano has successfully represented many individuals accused of DUI and/or OVI in the courts in Medina, Wayne and Summit Counties in the state of Ohio.
The Ohio DUI and OVI laws have undergone significant changes since 1982. Details of these changes in Attorney Gigiano’s white paper include:
- Ohio does not recognize the terms DUI or DWI, but uses the term, OVI (operating a vehicle impaired). Ohio also outlaws driving with a blood alcohol concentration (BAC) of .08. Penalties double for a BAC of .17 or greater.
- Ohio outlaws refusal to submit to a Breathalyzer after being arrested for OVI.
- In 2016, the Ohio Supreme Court held that strict compliance with Ohio blood testing requirements was not necessary as long as the police substantially complied with testing requirements.
- The Ohio Supreme Court recently struck down a constitutional challenge to the repeat OVI offender punishments. With this ruling, courts can continue to hand down additional misdemeanor time, as well as felony sentences for repeat OVI cases.
- A United States Supreme Court decision upheld sobriety checkpoints that comply with a number of factors considered by the court.
In addition to his white paper on Ohio DUI and OVI law, Attorney Gigiano plans to publish white papers in the coming months on several other Ohio legal topics including bankruptcy, child support, spousal support and criminal sentencing.
About Attorney Daniel Gigiano
Daniel Gigiano, Esq. graduated from Loyola University Chicago School of Law and has practiced law since 1993. Attorney Gigiano is the owner of Daniel F. Gigiano Co., L.P.A. located in downtown Wadsworth, Medina County, Ohio.
Attorney Gigiano practices law in the following areas: OVI/DUI, Bankruptcy. Business Law
Civil Litigation, Collections, Criminal Defense, Divorce & Family Law, Estate Planning, Foreclosure Defense, Personal Injury, Probate, and Real Estate.
Daniel Gigiano fights hard for his clients and has gotten many dismissals for his clients, including two DUI dismissals and a traffic case dismissal in the summer of 2016. Client and peer reviews of Attorney Gigiano can be found at danielgigianoreviews.com and danielgigianoratings.com.
For more information about Attorney Daniel Gigiano and legal services he provides, visit http://www.gigianolaw.com.