Julie O'Brien,NAIRO President notes, "The conference goes a long way in providing important updates on how the appeals system is working and what needs to be done to improve the process, along with other current industry, legal and regulatory trends.”
Washington, D.C. (PRWEB) August 31, 2016
The National Association of Independent Review Organizations (NAIRO) is hosting its annual conference entitled "Regulatory & Industry Trends Impacting Health Insurance, Appeals & Medical Reviews" is a day-long conference scheduled to take place on October 12, 2016 in Washington, DC.
The interactive symposium will examine key regulatory, legal, industry, and employer trends related to the U.S. health insurance system as the country gets ready to elect a new President. The conference also will feature several sessions on current pressure points impacting the appeal and physician peer review system.
This is a “must attend” event for anyone interested in payer-based medical management transactions. Seats are limited to allow audience participation. To register for the conference, click here.
The conference will be offering a number of exciting and dynamic national health experts as speakers including:
- Joy Wilson, Policy Director National Conference State Legislatures
- Michael Reisman, JD, Assistant Attorney General, Health Care Bureau, NY Attorney General’s Office
- Amber Rivers, Deputy Director, Division of Compliance Assistance and Guidance, U.S.
- Eliot Siegel, MD Professor, Department of Diagnostic Radiology, University of Maryland School of Medicine, Chief Technology Officer, RadSite and former IBM Watson Medical Director
- Carol McDaid, Principle, Capitol Decisions, Inc.
- Michael Thompson, President & CEO, National Business Group on Health
- Meriam Bendat, JD, PhD Founder, PsychAppeals
- Brad Lerner, JD, Associate General Counsel and Director of Parity Compliance, Beacon Health Options, Inc.
- Garry Carneal, JD, Senior Policy Advisor, The Kennedy Forum and co-founder, RegQuest
Julie O’Brien, RN, BSN, MS, NAIRO President, notes that “many federal and state regulatory protections have been adopted in recent years to promote the integrity of how health plans and others entities make insurance coverage determinations. However, for most Americans, providers, and even the industry itself, the appeal process and supporting regulatory framework remains confusing. The conference goes a long way in providing important updates on how the appeals system is working and what needs to be done to improve the process, along with other current industry, legal and regulatory trends.”
To register for the conference and review the program, click here. The registration fee before October 1, 2016 is $249. After October 1 and onsite, the registration fee is $349. NAIRO Members can register on a complimentary basis.
For additional information about the conference, please feel free to contact NAIRO at Julieobrien(at)alicaremed(dot)com
About NAIRO (http://www.nairo.org): The National Association of Independent Review Organizations (NAIRO) is dedicated to protecting the integrity of the independent medical review process. NAIRO was formed by the majority of URAC-accredited independent review organizations (IRO). NAIRO is comprised of 32 members and is dedicated to protecting the integrity of the independent medical peer review processes. Utilizing the expertise of thousands of board-certified clinicians throughout the country, NAIRO members embrace an evidence-based approach to independent medical peer review, in order to help resolve coverage disputes between enrollees and their health plans.