LINCOLN, R.I. (PRWEB) August 31, 2016
As students head back to class, it’s important for motorists to be especially careful near bus stops and in school zones. That’s why Amica Insurance has tips to help keep children safe.
According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), there were 327 school-age children who died in school-transportation-related crashes from 2004 to 2013. Amica is sharing the following tips from the NHTSA to help prevent these crashes:
- Obey signs, signals and crossing guards in school zones.
- Slow down, especially near bus stops and in school zones, and in low light or bad weather.
- Learn and obey the school bus laws in your area.
- Stay focused and alert behind the wheel at all times. Avoid using electronic devices and other distracting behaviors while driving.
- Make sure everyone in the vehicle is buckled up, and that children are in the backseat.
- Drop off children so they don’t have to cross the street, and avoid making U-turns when leaving.
- Be on the lookout for pedestrians and bicyclists, especially before and after school.
About Amica Insurance
Amica Mutual Insurance Co., the nation’s oldest mutual insurer of automobiles, was founded in 1907. The company, based in Lincoln, Rhode Island, is a national writer of auto, home, marine and umbrella insurance. Life coverage is available through Amica Life Insurance Company, a wholly owned subsidiary. Amica employs more than 3,500 people in 44 offices across the country. For more information, visit Amica.com.
Media inquiries can be sent to MediaCenter(at)amica(dot)com.
Facebook: Amica Mutual Insurance Co.