Many IT professionals, regardless of company size or role, face monitoring challenges that decrease productivity, impact service and delay projects.
Woburn, MA (PRWEB) September 07, 2016
Opsview recently conducted its annual IT Monitoring Survey to better understand the growing needs of IT professionals and managers. The survey received over 400 responses from around the globe, from those employed at small start-ups to those working at major corporations.
The insights from the findings were not unusual – many IT professionals, regardless of company size or role, face monitoring challenges that decrease productivity, impact service, and delay projects. The full survey results are captured in this eBook and infographic, but here are some of the key takeaways:
Too many tools and dashboards
- Over 35% of respondents strongly agreed or agreed that because their IT monitoring systems have too many tools and dashboards, they are slower at responding to critical issues and identifying the source of an issue. Of the total respondents, 52% of those at companies with greater than 1,000 employees felt similarly.
Too many alerts and tools
- Respondents were asked to identify how strongly they agreed with the following statement- “My IT tools send too many alerts and cause us to waste too many resources trying to weed through the alerts.” Over 48% of respondents strongly agreed or agreed with this statement, 60% at companies with greater than 1,000 employees.
- Over 56% of survey participants said that their IT tools did not provide adequate reporting, which makes demonstrating value to stakeholders and decision making difficult. 58% of those in management roles strongly agreed or agreed with this statement.
Can’t complete IT projects as quickly as the business needs
- Over 48% of general survey participants agreed or strongly agreed that completing IT projects at the speed the business needs is a challenging task. This is especially noticeable at larger companies, with over 72% respondents at companies with greater than 1,000 employees agreeing.
Need to free up staff to work on important projects
- More than 86% of all participants felt that with more concise and accurate IT operations, more staff would be available to work on other projects.
Many IT professionals report that they face significant challenges in monitoring their IT environments, which negatively impact service delivery and reduce IT efficiency. As a result, many IT organizations can’t quickly identify issues and free up resources to complete new projects at the speed of the business.
If you are experiencing similar IT monitoring challenges, Opsview can help. Talk to one of our experts or take out a free 30-day trial that is fully featured and provides you with enterprise level monitoring. To learn more, visit Opsview.com.
Opsview makes it easier for sysadmins to do their jobs by offering comprehensive and customizable systems monitoring. The Opsview platform enables sysadmins to easily monitor complex enterprise IT environments and critical business services, with native support for more than 3,500 technology plugins and integrations with IT operations tools. Features highly configurable dashboards visualization and reporting on the health of business services, systems and networks, enabling proactive maintenance. Opsview is trusted by hundreds of businesses, government organizations and service providers globally. Customers include MIT, Sky, Cisco, IBM, Telefónica, Daimler, British Telecom, Norfolk Southern, CIT, and AXA. Try Opsview at https://www.opsview.com/products/it-monitoring-free-trial.
Copyright ©2016 Opsview Inc. All Rights Reserved. 300 Trader Center, Suite 4700, Woburn, Massachusetts 01801-7200, Opsview is a trademark of Opsview Ltd. All other trademarks, trade names, service marks and logos referenced belong to their respective companies.
Digital Marketing Executive