Their vast experience will assist us greatly as we continue to unveil new initiatives that raise the bar on care.
New York, N.Y. (PRWEB) September 07, 2016
HealthCare Chaplaincy Network recently named five new members to its board of directors. Each brings a wealth of experience that will help guide the New York-based nonprofit organization as it raises the bar on spiritual care in health care.
The new board members are:
- Brian J. Buttigieg, chief financial officer of Valerie Wilson Travel, Inc., New York, one of the nation’s largest privately owned travel management companies;
- Eric Michael David, M.D., J.D., co-founder, chief strategy officer, and executive vice president of preclinical development at Organovo, San Diego, Calif., which creates functional human tissues using proprietary 3-D bioprinting technology;
- Pastor Amandus J. Derr, who has served as senior pastor of Saint Peter’s Church in New York since 1997;
- Neil A. Halpern, M.D., chief of critical care medicine and medical director of respiratory therapy at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center in New York; and
- Leah G. Pope, an anthropologist who currently is a senior research associate at the Vera Institute of Justice in New York.
Each board member will serve a three-year term, ending May 2019.
HCCN is a 55-year-old global nonprofit organization that focuses on education, clinical care, and research related to spiritual care in health care. It staffs the chaplaincy departments at several hospitals in New York, including Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, NYU Langone Medical Center, and Hospital for Special Surgery; and provides a wide range of programs and services for health care professionals, clergy and consumers.
“We are delighted that these prominent individuals are committed to HealthCare Chaplaincy’s mission and understand the value of providing quality spiritual care to people who are ill, nearing end of life, or in spiritual distress,” said Rev. Eric J. Hall, HCCN’s president and CEO. “Their vast experience will assist us greatly as we continue to unveil new initiatives that raise the bar on care. “
About HealthCare Chaplaincy Network™
HealthCare Chaplaincy Network™ is a global health care nonprofit organization founded in 1961 that offers spiritual-related information and resources, and professional chaplaincy services in hospitals, other health care settings, and online. Its mission is to advance the integration of spiritual care in health care through clinical practice, research and education in order to improve patient experience and satisfaction and to help people faced with illness and grief find comfort and meaning—whoever they are, whatever they believe, wherever they are. For more information, visit http://www.healthcarechaplaincy.org, call 212-644-1111, and connect with us on twitter and Facebook.