AMA's 2016 Annual Conference brings together marketers to learn from senior executives and leading academic researchers as they share their real-world experiences and ideas.
CHICAGO (PRWEB) September 08, 2016
The American Marketing Association (AMA) announces the full lineup of speakers and breakout sessions for the 2016 Annual Conference, taking place October 5-7, 2016, at the Loews Sapphire Falls Resort in Orlando, FL.
The AMA 2016 Annual Conference is an event hosted by the American Marketing Association for the marketing community. The Conference brings together more than 500 marketers to learn from senior executives at world-class companies and leading academic researchers as they share their real-world experiences, ideas and information in sessions that can be leveraged immediately by all attendees.
Content for this year’s conference is driven by the theme “Answers in Action.” Sessions will focus around The 7 Big Problems identified in The Intellectual Agenda developed by the AMA.
Attendees will hear keynote presentations from Linda Boff, chief marketing officer at GE who will cover Marketing Through Transformation; Jim Lecinski, vice president, integrated sales and chief ZMOT evangelist at Google will present Winning in the New Normal: The Five Key Questions Marketers Should Be Asking Now; BV Pradeep, global vice president, consumer and marketing insight at Unilever will present Understanding People, Not just Consumers – the Real Competitive Edge and Brian Miske, chief marketing officer for KPMG MSLP, will present The Pivot - Shaping a Responsive Enterprise through a Digital Lens.
Participants will also have the option of joining nearly 30 breakout sessions and workshops from leading marketing executives, industry luminaries and market researchers. Chris Franco, founder and CEO of Woodridge Growth will host Growth Hack Live sessions, the first growth hack sessions from the AMA, to share with marketers ideas to help grow their businesses and how to overcome today’s most significant marketing and branding growth challenges.
A sample of the AMA 2016 Annual Conference presentations also include:
- “Marketing to Millennials and the Rise of Relevance,” Lauri Baker, senior vice president of sales and marketing at Odyssey, a social content platform will discuss how millennials actually want to be marketed to. Baker will lead an interactive discussion on how marketers need to shift their focus from reach to relevance when it comes to marketing to this highly-influential millennial demographic.
- “The Role of Marketing: Evolution or Revolution?” Meghan Coles, brand strategy lead at LinkedIn will conduct a session on how marketers must not only keep up with the pace of change within the marketing discipline but how they should also develop talent, capabilities and ultimately impact business growth and customer loyalty. Meghan brings insights from inside Silicon Valley and beyond to discuss if today's marketing organization requires a complete revolution or if yesterday's fundamentals still succeed.
- “Disruptive Innovation: Changing The Direction Of A Category With Coca-Cola Freestyle…A Few Lessons Learned,” Chris Hellmann, global vice president and general manager of the Coca-Cola Freestyle Division will showcase how consumers expect businesses that serve them to keep up with everything from customer service and communication to personalized offers based on what they like. Chris will discuss the lessons he learned and achieved through the development and execution of this disruptive innovation in today’s marketplace.
- “Occasion-based Targeting and Brand Differentiation: How Segmentation Based on Occasions Can Manifest in Brand Experience?” Steve Dominguez, vice president of Global Brands at Hyatt Place, Hyatt House, is working to further differentiate its brand portfolio through a focus on the high-end consumer mindset and how this consumer is best served in different occasions across its brand portfolio. His presentation will share how occasion-based targeting is used by Hyatt brands to differentiate in a changing and increasingly competitive marketplace.
- “A Toast to New Drinkers,” Megan Frank, vice president of global marketing at Jim Bean will discuss how one globally iconic brand leveraged their deep consumer understanding to redefine innovation. This visionary approach allowed Jim Bean to reach new markets and expand occasions -- driving unprecedented sales and equity growth.
- “Segmenting for Breakout,” Autumn McDonald, senior director of global consumer insights at The Hershey Company will cover a holistic approach to consumer segmentation and how it can be used to drive toward breakthroughs in portfolio management and consumer relevance.
- “Marketing Movies by Occasion: An Omni-Channel Approach,” Dan Stanton, senior director of retail strategy at NBC Universal will cover the hurdles and opportunities that face brands and products as they add a digital distribution platform. In a category where customers can both purchase and consume the product digitally, Universal has developed a portfolio approach spanning digital and physical platforms with a focus on consumption occasion.
Other presenters include a mix of influential B2B and B2C marketers from companies like Verizon, Elevator Agency, Gogo, Mensch on a Bench, Hu Products, Tate & Lyle, CDW, TopGolf, SAP, Shinola and FedEx. To review the complete Conference agenda and to register, please go to [http://www.ama.org/annual.
About American Marketing Association (AMA)
The AMA is trusted by nearly a million marketing and sales professionals a year worldwide. It has more than 70 professional chapters and over 350 collegiate chapters throughout North America and select international locations. The American Marketing Association (AMA) is the largest marketing association in the world. AMA serves organizations and individuals who practice, teach and study marketing across the globe. It serves as a forum for connecting like-minded individuals to foster knowledge sharing and relationship building; to be a trusted resource for marketing information, tools, education and training; and to advance marketing practice and thought leadership. For more information about the AMA, visit http://www.ama.org or follow the latest AMA news at @AMA_Marketing.