Mirror Image is excited to offer a unique service to publishers that allows them to reclaim blocked advertising revenue in a seamless and non-intrusive manner.
Tewksbury, MA (PRWEB) September 13, 2016
Mirror Image®, the leading provider of edge computing, streaming media and content delivery solutions, today announced the beta release of Ad Block Override, a service that enables publishers to reclaim ad revenue lost to ad blockers. Ad Block Override works seamlessly with publishers’ existing ad technologies and demand sources and with both programmatic and direct advertising, preserving visitor targeting and maintaining publishers’ existing CPM rates. The service includes a free, real-time analytics dashboard that allows publishers to quantify precisely how much revenue they are losing to ad blockers.
The Interactive Advertising Bureau (IAB), of which Mirror Image is a member, recently published its IAB Tech Lab Publisher Ad Blocking Primer that describes the options available to publishers faced with ad blocking. Facebook, an IAB member, earns over 95 percent of its revenue from advertising. Their recent decision to override ad blockers is being received by other publishers as an acceptable strategy for their businesses.
“Ad blocking is adversely affecting publishers’ revenue streams,” said Robert Andrews, Chief Operating Officer at Mirror Image. “Mirror Image is excited to offer a unique service to publishers that allows them to reclaim blocked advertising revenue in a seamless and non-intrusive manner.”
Ad Block Override Features:
- Allows publishers to monitor exactly how much revenue they are losing to ad blockers on their website.
- Enables publishers to display custom messages to their visitors. For example, to explain the value exchange and ask to whitelist the site, consistent with the IAB’s DEAL (Detect, Explain, Ask, Lift) approach.
- Works seamlessly with publishers’ existing ad technologies (networks, SSPs, etc.), its existing demand sources, and with both programmatic and direct sell advertising.
- Preserves ad targeting and maintains publishers’ existing CPM rates.
- Allows publishers to start small, with just a section of the website or a percentage of traffic.
- Allows publishers to choose whether to override a subset of ads or all of the ads on each page.
- No setup or installation fees.
The Ad Block Override service is available today in beta. For more information visit adblockoverride.com or call 800-353-2923.
About Mirror Image:
Mirror Image, one of the original Content Delivery Network providers in the industry, has pioneered the Dynamic Delivery Network. The Dynamic Delivery Network combines globally distributed, load balanced infrastructure with real-time application execution capabilities and a complete content delivery platform to provide dynamic, highly scalable online services with low latency and worldwide coverage. Mirror Image’s Dynamic Delivery Network includes Edge Computing capabilities, a complete Online Video Platform, live and on-demand video and audio streaming solutions, content delivery capabilities for object caching and file downloads, and optimized delivery to an extensive range of desktops, mobile devices, IPTV set-top boxes, and other devices.
Mirror Image has been repeatedly recognized by Streaming Media magazine as a Top 100 Company that Matters Most in Online Video in 2013 through 2015, and recognized by CIO Review magazine as one of the 10 Most Promising Online Video Platform Providers in 2014. Mirror Image was founded in 1997, and is a U.S.-based company incorporated in Delaware, headquartered in Tewksbury, MA. For additional information, please visit mirror-image.com or call +1-866-374-4113. Follow Mirror Image on Twitter @MirrorImageDDN.
Mirror Image is a registered trademark of Mirror Image Internet. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.