With the national and international emphasis on health promotion and illness prevention, the conference will consider the determinants of health for all ages, different genders, races and ethnic groups, and for all disease conditions.
Washington, DC (PRWEB) September 13, 2016
Council for the Advancement of Nursing Science Set to Launch 2016 State of the Science Congress on Nursing Research
2016 State of the Science Congress: Determinants of Health
The Council for the Advancement of Nursing Science will present the 2016 State of the Science Congress, a biennial research dissemination conference where nurse researchers join with scientific experts, funding agencies, and policy makers to explore emerging scientific discoveries and engage in dialogue that is critical to society. The conference will feature keynote, panel, and poster sessions that, explore determinants of health. With the national and international emphasis on health promotion and illness prevention, the conference will consider the determinants of health for all ages, different genders, races and ethnic groups, and for all disease conditions.
The Washington Hilton in Washington, D.C. (1919 Connecticut Ave NW, Washington, DC 20009) – Walking distance from the Dupont Circle Metro Station on the Red Line.
September 14-17, 2016 – The conference will kick off with a joint reception celebrating the Council’s 15th Anniversary and NINR’s 30th Anniversary on the evening of Sept. 14th. On Thursday, September 15th, a welcome session at 9:00 a.m. will be followed by the Opening Keynote Address by Dr. Thomas A. LaVeist, PhD, MA, BA, exploring today’s Determinants of Health.
http://www.nursingscience.org/2016 or download the conference app for Android or iPhone: CANS2016
Who Should Attend:
Nursing faculty, scientists, healthcare professionals, graduate students, health research and nursing organizations. Members of the media with a focus on health, science, or nursing may request complimentary passes from Barry Eisenberg at barry_eisenberg(at)aannet(dot)org.
- Thomas A. LaVeist, PhD, MA, BA, Professor, Chair, Health Policy & Management, George Washington University
- Patricia Grady, PhD, RN, FAAN Director of the National Institute for Nursing Research
Featured panels will include presentations from:
- Paula Braveman, MD, MPH, Director, Center on Social Disparities in Health at the UCSF School of Medicine
- Margaret Heitkemper, PhD, MSN, BSN, Director, Center for Research on Management of Sleep Disturbances, University of Washington School of Nursing
- Jacquelyn Taylor, PhD, PNP-BC, RN, FAHA, FAAN, Associate Professor, Nursing & Assistant Dean, Diversity and Inclusion, Yale School of Nursing
- Angela Starkweather, PhD, ACNP-BC, CNRN, FAAN, Director, Center for Advancement in Managing Pain, University of Connecticut
About the Council for the Advancement of Nursing Science:
The Council for the Advancement of Nursing Science (CANS) is an open membership entity of the American Academy of Nursing with the mission to foster better health through nursing science. The Council serves as a strong voice for nurse scientists at the national and international levels, supports the development, conduct and utilization of nursing science, and facilitates lifelong learning opportunities for nurse scientists.