Since launching version 2.0 we’ve seen an increase in the number of app downloads, thanks in large part to the improved user experience. - Co-Founder Paul Fitting
Bloomsbury, NJ (PRWEB) September 20, 2016
Building on the success of its initial app, CherriPik has launched version 2.0 with an improved user interface and features making the free smartphone mapping app even easier to use. It features dozens of business categories with thousands of brands in millions of locations coast to coast.
“We received great feedback from CherriPik users on what they liked about the app, and suggestions on ways it could work even better,” said Co-Founder Paul Fitting. “So we compiled their comments and went to work on developing improvements that make it even more intuitive. Since launching version 2.0, we’ve seen an increase in the number of app downloads, thanks in large part to the improved user experience. We know that once users download and install it they will understand why we’ve dubbed it the Ultimate Store Locator app since it’s better than any other mapping or store finder app out there.”
The app’s navigation menu is now situated across the bottom of the screen and gives users quick access to Location, List, Map, Offers, Category, and Tools tabs:
- The Location tab allows a user to save in memory the locations he or she visits most, such as home, work, school and other key daily destinations. This feature is ideal for travelers who frequent the same locations several times a year.
- List view shows the brand name stores and restaurants in a list form, from nearest to farthest away geographically. The heart symbol next to a brand name allows users to easily set a particular brand as a favorite. Brands can also be displayed in alphabetical order and a search for a specific brand name business can also be done within the List tab.
- The Map view shows brand name store and restaurant logos displayed as pins on the map with the user’s current location indicated as its own dynamic pin. By using each location’s brand logo on screen it makes them easier to identify than the usual pin dots used in other mapping apps. Common touchscreen gestures are used to move, expand, or contract the map. Users simply tap on a brand logo and an information card about that business pops up on screen. They can then place a direct call to the business, get driving directions to it, report corrections, and add it to their favorites, as well as rate that location against other same brand locations.
- The Offers tab features specials and discounts from participating businesses featured in the app. Businesses interested in creating an offer for customers can go here for more information: http://www.cherripik.com/biz/.
- The Category tab consists of eleven super-categories with 50 sub-categories, including a special category that shows all business, making it easier for users to find the brands they’re looking for. Categories include Entertainment and Movies, Food and Groceries, Health and Wellness, and more. Users can also access their pre-set Favorites from within the Category tab.
- In the Tools tab users will find more settings that allow them to customize the app for their personal usage habits and interests.
The free app is popular with travelers, whether they’re traveling for work or pleasure, since it helps them find places to eat, stay, and shop while in an unfamiliar city or town. It’s also a great ally in the event of a cancelled flight or when on a road trip because it helps users locate the resources they need.
CherriPik is a free new smartphone app that uses sophisticated mapping software in conjunction with GPS to help users locate their favorite retail, restaurant, and hotel brands anywhere in the country. It allows users to find what they need on the go whether they are traveling or near home.