Education Forum at IWCE was an outstanding learning environment for anyone in the RF field. The courses offered are second to none and I suggest sending your people there!” — Martin F. Baker, Senior Telecommunications Technician, Peoples Natural Gas, PA
Greencastle, IN (PRWEB) September 27, 2016
With the increased usage of mobile devices causing significant growth in wireless traffic, this expansion necessitates the addition of certified professionals to install, maintain, support and design communications systems. To meet this demand, ETA® International will host Education Forum 2017(EF17), co-located with Pentons’ International Wireless Communications Expo (IWCE) in Las Vegas March 27-31.
ETA International is proud to host hands-on training through outside vendors in popular technology areas related to ETA certification. ETA's partners, the industry’s most respected trainers, will provide in-depth hands-on training in nine key areas of expertise. Following each training class, ETA will provide opportunities to test for ETA certification.
Hands-on training workshops include:
- Associate Certified Electronics Technician (CETa) is a comprehensive workshop with extensive hands-on training that will cover all of the necessary skills in order to be successful in today's electronics industry. It is intended for students needing more in-depth information, beginning technicians needing expert guidance, or practicing electronics professionals wanting to enhance their skill levels to advance in their careers. It is offered March 29-30, 2017 for $369 with discount code ETA2.
- Communications Site Installer (R56) is based on the NEW Motorola updates of R56 industry codes and standards. This workshop provides a documented set of standards & guidelines for designing safe and reliable communications sites helps guarantee personnel safety, equipment reliability and equipment availability.
It is offered March 27-30, 2017 for $1169 through 2/23 or $1259 late/onsite with discount code ETA2.
- Distributed Antenna Systems (DAS) this hands-on course covers the six major areas of DAS, small cell, applications and deployments. Learn the latest development, installation and planning for VHF and UHF public safety DAS. Emphasis will be placed on the differences between this form of DAS and carrier-based systems along with how DAS interacts with wireless carriers and Wi-Fi. DAS coverage and component testing will be demonstrated along with plenty of hands-on exercises. It is offered March 27-28, 2017 for $809 through 2/23 or $855 late/onsite with discount code ETA2.
- Fiber to the Antenna (FTTA) is intended for those who install, test and maintain fiber optic communication systems for Outside Plant FTTA installations and onsite antenna applications. Novice and experienced fiber professionals alike will find this workshop and extensive hands-on skills training beneficial for successful fiber optics careers with a practical understanding to properly install and maintain fiber optic networks. It is offered March 27-30, 2017 for $1,665 with discount code ETA2.
- General Communications Technician - Level 1 (GCT1) workshop introduces public safety professionals and support staff to various communications concepts and technologies, including: interoperable communications solutions, LMR communications, satellite, telephone, data, and computer technologies used in incident response and planned events within the Incident Command System (ICS) organizational structure. It is offered March 27-28, 2017 for $629 through 2/23 or $ 719 late/onsite with discount code ETA2.
- Line Antenna Sweep (LAS) is a frequency domain reflectometer hands-on course designed for beginners as well as senior-level technicians and engineers to provide all the knowledge in order to test and evaluate RF signals that begin at the output of a radio transmitter and eventually are propagated into the air to a receiver. Hands-on exercises will include applications of everyday problems found in the field such as: testing fundamentals, reflectometers, RF wattmeters, calibration, determining problems, distance-to-fault measurements, system sweeps, FDR operation and troubleshooting. It is offered March 27-28, 2017 for $809 through 2/23 or $ 855 late/onsite with discount code ETA2.
- Mobile Communications Electronics Installer (MCEI) workshop includes basic knowledge concepts of land mobile radio (LMR) and associated electronics equipment installation that also incorporates required hands-on training skills applicable to all of the functions required to safely and completely install mobile communications and associated electronic equipment, including removal and reinstallation. It is offered March 27-29, 2017 for $989 through 2/23 or $1,079 late/onsite with discount code ETA2.
- Microwave Radio Technician (MRT) is designed for students and professionals who encounter point-to-point radio at microwave frequencies. This is a comprehensive hands-on course focusing on how radio works in all applications, how digital transmission (modulation) is derived for high-speed dta, the principals of microwave frequency propagation and antenna systems. Much of this course will be devoted to hands-on testing and troubleshooting approaches for radio technicians. Federal regulators and OSHA RF safety training will also be covered. It is offered March 27-28, 2017 for $809 through 2/23 or $855 late/onsite with discount code ETA2.
- Radio Frequency Interference and Mitigation (RFIM) is for anyone involved with radio services, wireless or other types of communications systems. This comprehensive hands-on course will cover all of the necessary skills in order to find and correct RF signal interference. The class begins with basic theory of radio and test equipment, concluding with hands-on applications of everyday problems found in the field. It is offered March 27-28, 2017 for $809 through 2/23 or $855 late/onsite with discount code ETA2.
Learn more about hands-on training workshops with ETA certifications, see technical session descriptions and register for Education Forum at IWCE, at http://www.iwceexpo.com or call ETA at 800-288-3824.
About ETA International - Since 1978, ETA has delivered over 200,000 professional certifications. ETA certifications are widely recognized and frequently used in worker job selection, hiring processes, pay increases, advancements, and often required as companies bid on contracts. ETA’s certifications are personal and travel with the individual, regardless of employment or status change and measure competencies of persons, not products or vendors. All ETA certifications are accredited through the International Certification Accreditation Council (ICAC) and align with the ISO-17024 standard. http://www.eta-i.org
About International Wireless Communications Expo (IWCE) - Since 1977, the International Wireless Communications Expo (IWCE) has been the premier annual event for communications technology professionals. IWCE features over 380 exhibitors showcasing the latest products and trends in the industry. Over 7,000 individuals attend from a diverse group of industry professionals including government/military, public safety, utility, transportation and business enterprise. IWCE 2017 will be held March 27-31, 2017 at the Las Vegas Convention Center in Las Vegas, NV. For more information, visit http://www.iwceexpo.com
Download this press release at –