San Francisco, CA (PRWEB) September 23, 2016
The arrival of Fall brings with it some cooler temperatures as well as some new reasons to visit the beautiful West and East Coasts of the U.S. Viator, a TripAdvisor company and the leading resource for tours and activities worldwide, is highlighting the excitement of the wine harvest in Northern California and the beauty of fall’s foliage in the Northeast with tours and activities for every type of traveller.
West Coast: Wine Country in California
Late summer leading into fall brings about the harvest season for the vineyards of Napa and Sonoma. Easily accessible from San Francisco, Viator has a selection of tours by train, helicopter bike, limo and more to help travelers sample award-winning wines, soak up the vineyard views, and learn about the art and science of winemaking.
- Travelers board a luxury coach and visit three wineries on the Napa and Sonoma Wine Country Tour including big-name and family-run estates with guided tours of vineyards and barrel rooms and a stop for lunch in charming Yountville.
- The Napa Valley Wine Country Semi-Custom Limousine Tour transports up to 10 travelers to four wineries of their choice, with a stop for a gourmet picnic lunch.
- Travelers will get a true feel for the region during the Wine Country Bike Tour and Picnic Lunch with Transport from San Francisco visiting several wineries with a the help of their own local sommelier.
- Exclusive to Viator, the Viator VIP: Napa by Helicopter with Wine Tasting and Lunch flies wine lovers to a prestigious area winery for a guided tour, tapas and tasting. Seasonal: April to October
- Modeled after the famed cable cars of San Francisco, the Sonoma Valley Wine Trolley tours picturesque Sonoma with stops and tastings at four different wineries and a gourmet picnic lunch catered by top-rated local bistro The Girl & the Fig.
- The Napa Valley Wine Train with Gourmet Lunch takes wine lovers through Rutherford and St Helena to soak up the postcard-worthy scenery of rolling hills, vineyards and estates while enjoying a gourmet lunch or dinner freshly prepared by the train’s acclaimed on-board restaurant.
East Coast: New York and Boston
For visitors to the Northeast this time of year, the hills and valleys of New York State and Massachusetts are set ablaze by the season’s magnificent foliage. Bikes, boats, helicopters and more bring the region’s visitors up close with the beautiful sights and savory smells of autumn in the East.
- Visitors and locals who choose the Circle Line: Bear Mountain Full-Day Cruise can enjoy an onboard Oktoberfest while traveling north from New York City checking out views of the Palisades, Grant’s Tomb, the George Washington Bridge and the Cloisters on their way to scenic Bear Mountain for 3 hours of exploration.
- The Hudson Valley Fall Foliage Helicopter Tour begins at Westchester County Airport and commences as the pilot narrates the beautiful journey over landmarks like Tarrytown Castle and the Tappan Zee Bridge (30- or 45-minute flight options).
- Travelers will admire the beauty of the Adirondack Mountains during the Saratoga and North Creek Fall Foliage Scenic Train Ride (2 and 4 hour options; upgrade available for the dome car) with seven possible stops along the way including a maple farm and Garnet Hill Lodge.
- The Fall Foliage Bike Ride in Boston explores the scenic North End of the city including the historic “Emerald Necklace,” a 1,100-acre chain of parks linked by parkways and waterways, Commonwealth Avenue, Jamaica Pond, and Harvard’s Arnold Arboretum.
- Foliage admirers explore the quaint towns of Massachusetts and New Hampshire during Fall Foliage Sightseeing Tour from Boston with a stop at Willard Brook State Forest, a state park with acres of classic New England woods, along with a stop at an apple orchard to see how apples are grown and made into cider.
- Via luxury coach, travelers on the Fall on Cape Cod: Day Trip from Boston with Sightseeing explore Quincy, the birthplace of American presidents John Adams and his son John Quincy; Sandwich, with the Sandwich Glass Museum and Dexter Grist Mill; Hyannis Port and the John F. Kennedy Memorial and a narrated cruise along Lewis Bay.
- SPECIAL: The Culinary Institute of America VIP Experience takes travelers on board Amtrak for a scenic ride to Rhinecliff for an overnight stay that includes 2 nights accommodation along with a private 5-course dinner with the chef at CIA, kitchen tour, two wine tasting receptions, brew tasting, and a brew-making instructional class.
For information on these tours and thousands of insider experiences all over the world as well as the latest deals, promotions, contests and news, visit http://www.viator.com or follow Viator on Facebook (ViatorTours) and Twitter (ViatorTravel).
Viator, a TripAdvisor company, is the leading global tours and activities provider for travelers, delivering online and mobile access to thousands of trip activities including tours, attractions, shore excursions and private guides, in more than 2,000 destinations worldwide. In-house travel experts work with trusted local operators to ensure the quality and value of every experience, all backed by Viator’s 24/7 customer service and global low-price guarantee. With more than 1 million verified reviews plus exclusive videos and insider travel tips, Viator has everything a traveler needs to find and book the best things to do. In addition to the flagship site – Viator.com – travelers can book in advance or in-destination via the Viator Tours and Activities App, as well as local-language sites for European, Latin American and Asian travelers. Viator also provides tours and activities to more than 3,000 affiliate partners including some of the world’s top airlines, hotels and online travel agencies. Viator is headquartered in San Francisco with regional offices in Sydney, London and Las Vegas. Viator – travel with an insider.