It may be time to try a new game.
(PRWEB) September 24, 2016
As fun as Cards Against Humanity was in 2014, it may be time for something new. Here are 5 new games to create laughs with friends and family:
1. Snaption - the wisecracking party game of fill-in-the-blank captions for personal snapshots. Players compete to create the best caption for a photo from their phone or wallet by completing a caption card with the word or phrase of your choice – Madlibs-style. As their website says, “You know your friends and family best. So make your caption as creative, hilarious or spicy as they are… may the best caption win!”
2. Codenames – a party game of rival spymasters who know the secret identities of 25 agents. Teammates know the agents only by their CODENAMES. In Codenames, two teams compete to see who can make contact with all of their agents first. Spymasters give one-word clues that can point to multiple words on the board. Their teammates try to guess words of the right color while avoiding those that belong to the opposing team. And everyone wants to avoid the assassin.
3. Monikers - a party game based on the public domain game Celebrity, where players take turns attempting to get their teammates to guess names by describing or imitating well-known people. In the first round, clue givers can say anything they want, except for the name itself. For the second round, clue givers can only say one word. And in the final round, clue givers can’t say anything at all: they can only use gestures and charades.
4. Unusual Suspects – a party game where one player is the Witness and the other players play the part of the Investigative Team. The Witness knows the real identity of the Guilty and tries to make the Team hit it only with his answers. The Team asks questions to the Witness and, depending on his answers, will exclude the innocent suspects after players have discussed what they learned. It can be played competitively or collaboratively (team vs team). In the latter case, a grid of twelve suspects is created. Every round the team reveals a question card and the Witness has to answer yes/no. According to the answer, the team has to remove suspects until only the Guilty one is on the board.
5. Phone Phever - a fast-paced party game that perfectly blends the wonder of smartphone technology with the simple fun of a traditional board game. Players/teams match both wits and smartphone skills in a frantic race to answer fascinating trivia questions and complete hilarious challenges, all of which cleverly explore how the world's favorite invention -- the telephone -- has shaped music, movies, TV, history and technology, law and politics, and the rest of Western pop culture. Feeding a smartphone addiction, and cravings for social interaction, Phone Phever provides countless hours of laughter, excitement, conversation, and learning. Drawing upon the unique knowledge and abilities of individual players, Phone Phever is the ideal game for smartphone users and board game lovers. It’s also easy to play: roll the die, pick a card, and tackle one of 1,200 questions or challenges. Best of all, to play Phone Phever, only the phone needs to be smart!