The GT5500 is a big step forward in home entertainment – it represents the future of gaming and home theater projectors with an ultra short throw and specs that deliver a truly great picture.
Fremont, Calif. (PRWEB) September 26, 2016
Optoma, a world leading manufacturer of video and audio products, today introduced its 1080p high-definition GT5500 ultra short throw projector ideal for the ultimate large screen viewing of gaming, TV content, movies and sports. Gamers and home theater enthusiasts can now project a large, colorful and detailed high-definition image on any flat surface from just inches away for the ultimate “place-and-play” home viewing flexibility.
The 0.25:1 ultra short throw GT5500 features a 25,000:1 contrast ratio and vivid colors to create a 100-inch diagonal image from just 13 inches away. With 3,500 lumens of brightness, it stands out among the competition, and shines in the ambient light situations that exist in most homes. The wide array of connectivity options, including dual HDMI, 3D sync and several analog ports, along with a built-in speaker, makes connecting to entertainment sources and content easy.
Key Features of the GT5500 include:
- Contrast Ratio: With a 25,000:1 contrast ratio, the GT5500 will deliver rich blacks
- High Definition Resolution: 1920 x 1080 HD resolution translates to incredible detail in any scene
- Color: With its new Vivid color mode, the GT5500 delivers colorful, bright and vivid images that make any content come to life
- Brightness: 3,500 lumens of brightness guarantees bright images in rooms with ambient light
- Throw Ratio: A 0.25:1 throw ratio will display a 100-inch image from just 13 inches away for the ultimate in place-and-play projection
- 3D ready: Optoma GT55000 supports all HDMI 1.4a mandatory 3D formats for playback of 3D content for a truly immersive viewing
- Integrated sound: This dynamic projector also features a 16-watt speaker for plug-and-play audio
“The GT5500 is a big step forward in home entertainment – it represents the future of gaming and home theater projectors with an ultra short throw and specs that deliver a truly great picture,” said Brian Soto, head of product management, Optoma Technology. “We believe that projectors are the future of gaming and home cinema, with a price-per-inch and flexibility that flat screens TVs just can’t deliver.”
The Optoma GT5500 is now available for purchase online for $1,299 (estimated street price) from Amazon, B&H, Projector People and Visual Apex. For more information, please visit http://www.optomausa.com.
About Optoma Technology
Optoma Technology is a world leading designer and manufacturer of award-winning video and audio products for home entertainment and theater, ProAV and business. With a focus on premium quality and functional style, products are designed with the end-user experience in mind. Optoma and NuForce products deliver stunning crystal clear images and exceptional sound with ultimate reliability. Optoma Technology is part of The Optoma Group, which has continental headquarters in the U.S., Europe, and Asia. For more information, please visit: http://www.optomausa.com.