Very easy to use and phone topped up instantly. (Patricia Rossi)
Atlanta, Georgia (PRWEB) September 30, 2016
MobileRecharge.com, the service that expats worldwide use to send mobile credit to relatives and friends back home, has recently carried out a new study to find out what devices ethnic groups abroad favour for their browsing, email, online shopping, calls and apps. The results of the study concern the period January 2016 - August 2016. The research was carried out on thousands of expatriates of different ethnic origin, most of them living in the USA, Canada, Australia, Spain, United Kingdom, France, Mexico, Germany, and Italy. What they have in common is that they all use MobileRecharge.com to top up a mobile abroad in seconds: https://mobilerecharge.com/.
Surprising or not, the iPhone is at the top of the list. From older models to iPhone 6, they are still the most popular among expats, especially those in the USA. It is no surprise, considering that MobileRecharge app has been installed extensively on iOS devices, especially on the iPhones 4, 5 and 6, and the last two iPad models. Many online authors have pointed out, such as Dan Lyons from ReadWrite.com in an article from January 29, 2013, that several factors explain the huge popularity of iOS over Android in the USA: namely, that Apple is an American company people like to associate themselves with.
The Samsung Galaxy follows after iPhones. This Android opens up the whole range of models developed and marketed by Samsung Electronics. Surprisingly the Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge is not among what most expats use for the moment. Instead, popular models include: Galaxy S5, Samsung Galaxy S6, Samsung Galaxy S IV, Samsung Galaxy S III, Samsung Galaxy J7 and Samsung Galaxy Grand Neo. These touchscreen-enabled devices are very popular among expats mainly due to Samsung's trend to sell more phones in many price ranges comparable to HTC or other smartphones in this top 10.
LG is third on the expat preference list, another model working on Android. Produced by the Korean multinational manufacturer LG Electronics Inc., which started with radios, TVs and other home electronics, LG is well appreciated for the accessible price and all the qualities of the Android. The two most popular LG smartphones with expats are the LG G Stylo (LG MS631) and LG K7 Dual SIM with dual-SIM card slots (LG MS330).
Number 4 is another Android: Motorola G. It holds the fourth position here in the top 10 mainly because, although it is a great option for emerging markets, it seems a low-price gadget for developed countries like the ones expats tend to live in. It was first released in Brazil, next in some European countries, and later in the USA, Canada and India. The smartphone has been on the market for about 3 years. It may not have active notifications, quick capture, or touchless control like the Moto X, but it is more price-accessible. Moto G does have a removable back cover that allows users to change the colour of their phone.
The HTC Desire is number 5 in the expats' smartphone inventory. Manufactured by HTC Corporation, the Desired device was the first in the Desire series developed by HTC in 2010. It was first released in South Korea, and then went popular in the rest of the world. According to forums, HTC handsets have a really premium feel and customizes Android to be more useful.
The next 5 popular smartphones among expats are the Google Nexus, ZTE Olympia, HTC M8 One M8 and Sony Xperia Z2.
- Google Nexus is an Android phone that people appreciate for its affordable price, its constant software updates from Google, and for being sold factory-unlocked, as well as its intuitive features (manufacturer and carrier do not interfere upon the Android OS).
- ZTE Olympia is technically known as ZTE Z970 Olympia. It is a 6 inch screen device and probably so popular because it is affordable, and available on T-Mobile shelves in the USA.
- Huawei ALE-L21 P8 Lite is a 5 inch Android smartphone, well appreciated for being dual-sim and unlocked.
- HTC M8 One M8 is "a decent phone and everything works like it should," besides the affordable price, as gsmarena.com points out.
- Sony Xperia Z2 is a "powerful" phone as many label it on different forums. Many users point to the clarity of the sound compared to other phones, including the headset sound, and the effort Sony invests in extras and cute features like double tapping to wake your screen up.
Those who participated in the study use MobileRecharge.com for several good reasons:
- MobileRecharge.com is highly mobile-friendly
- The account is free and available in several languages including Spanish, plus it and comes with all the benefits from the start.
- "Promotions" tab in the menu centralises all daily deals on MobileRecharge.com. They are also published on MobileRecharge app.
- Users can be notified by email about offers if they press the "Get offers" button on the homepage.
- Payment is welcome in any currency, and Paypal is accepted along with all major cards.
- All transactions and invoices are available in a special section in chronological order.
- Safety is certified by the labels present on the website: "Verified & certified," Trustee, etc.
- All fans meet on Facebook, G+ and Twitter to stay updated with promotions, contests or other events: https://www.facebook.com/MobileRecharge.Fan/.
- Customer Service is seen as highly supportive; it is available 24/7 in both Spanish and English, and other international languages.
- Both the MobileRecharge app and the website allow experienced and inexperienced users to make a top up the easiest way possible.
- Video tutorials are available on YouTube and in one's account to help anyone find it easy to send mobile credit abroad.
MobileRecharge.com serves expats, travellers or professionals who live abroad temporarily. There are 50.5 million expats worldwide according to several reports, and the figure is expected to reach 56.8 million by 2017, which is 0.77 percent of the total global population.
MobileRecharge.com is a brand of KeepCalling, a global telecommunications company registered in 2002 in the USA, listed by Inc 5000 as one of the fastest growing companies in the USA for 5 consecutive years. Presently, KeepCalling provides its services to hundreds of thousands of consumers and businesses, with a focus on customer satisfaction. In 2015 the company registered a revenue increase of over 200% from 2011 to 2014.