LCR-Reader Pro will be favoured due to its low price and extra accessories
Tokyo, Japan (PRWEB) September 29, 2016
Siborg Systems Inc. in Ontario, Canada, has previously worked with Van Device since 2006 in supplying Smart Tweezer LCR- and ESR-meters to Japan and surrounding areas. This distribution deal has been resigned to offer Siborg’s newer products, including the LCR-Reader Pro and other tweezer-based test devices.
Van Device is a supplier of electronic components, semiconductors, peripherals, software and measuring equipment.
“Van Device is happy to have newer products from Siborg to offer our customers. The previous Smart Tweezers devices were well received and we know our customers will be excited to see what new products Siborg has to offer. We know that the LCR-Reader Pro will already be favoured due to its low price and extra accessories.” Says Yoshitaka Sato, the Chairman at Van Device.
Siborg offered first devices in the early 2000’s, the Smart Tweezers LCR- and ESR-meter ST-1. This device combined a set of sharp, gold-plated tweezers with a lightweight multimeter that provided a more efficient alternative to testing components using conventional testers. Expanding on the notability, Siborg has begun offering more tweezer-based test devices, including LCR-Reader Pro, LCR-Reader LCR- and ESR-meter, Smart Tweezers with Bluetooth Connection, Smart Tweezers LCR- and ESR-meters, Multifunction SMD Test Tweezers, Smart LED Test Tweezers, and LCR-Reader Probe Connector
LCR-Reader and Smart Tweezers LCR- and ESR-meters have become instantly recognizable for their unique design that combines a multimeter with tweezers as probes. These devices offer users fast and accurate measurements with just a touch; when the gold plated tweezers have a grasp on components to a 0201 size. They instantly recognize the component, and best test parameters before measuring with basic accuracy of 0.2%-0.5%. These devices, with their ability to test without any set-up between measurements, are efficient for any work with SMT, including maintenance and repair to production lines within the electronics industry.
● Siborg’s LCR-Reader devices are based on the popular Smart Tweezers line of handheld LCR-and ESR-meters. Weighing at only 1oz. and at half the cost of Smart Tweezers, Siborg was able to create this lower-priced device by omitting features and offering a lower basic accuracy of 0.5%. One issue with LCR-Reader was the lack of calibration; Siborg created a new calibration fixture for LCR-Reader and other LCR-meter that utilize a Kelvin probe connection and were able to begin issuing NIST traceable certificates for the device.
● The best selling model in Siborg’s lineup is the LCR-Reader Pro. This model is a kit that includes a pre-calibrated LCR-Reader, Traceable calibration certificate, charger and spare bent probes. Until the end of September, Siborg is offering the LCR-Reader Pro in their online store and Amazon sales channels for $216 USD.
● The Smart Tweezers LCR-meter models were the first to debut the combination of tweezers and multimeter. This is the most diverse device with the most features and functions and highest basic accuracy of 0.2%. The most current model, the ST-5S is controlled using a 4-way joystick-like navigation and comes with NIST Traceable calibration certificate, spare bent tweezer probes and charger.
With the electronics industry creating smaller and more portable devices, they require more tightly packed PCBs. Reaching these components can be an issue, thus tweezer-probes provide easier and faster testing. Siborg has broadened their product range to offer more tweezer-based devices, including:
● Multifunction SMD Test Tweezers are a $10 USD alternative to using dual wire test leads with multimeters; this device plugs into most multimeters and allows for tweezer-precision for components to a 0402 size.
● LCR-Reader Probe Connector turns any LCR-Reader or Smart Tweezers LCR-meter into a full probe station. This set comes with easy-to-use attachment heads for all sorts of job applications, including medium and long pin probes, spade connector alligator clips and multimeter jacks. The wire connects to the LCR-meter by removing one of the tweezer-probes and allows the device to measure components larger than the tweezers’ spacing.
● Smart LED Test Tweezers are best for testing through-hole and surface-mount LEDs; this device uses a 12 VDC output with 5, 10, and 20 mA variable current outputs. It also comes with a special connector cable that allows the device to be used as tweezer probes for most multimeters.
All of these products are available in Siborg’s online sales channels and from Van Devices in Tokyo.
About Van Device Co. Ltd.:
Established in 1999, Van Device is a supplier of semiconductor and electronics components, software, computer peripherals, board products and measurement equipment.
For more information:
Yubinbango 103-2204 Nihonbashi, Chuo-ku, Tokyo boat-cho, 9-10 Studio Nihonbashi Bill 202
About Siborg Systems Inc.
Established in 1994, Siborg is a source of engineering hardware and software for the semiconductor and electronics industries. Located in the city of Waterloo, Ontario, it enjoys being a part of the local world-renowned high-tech community. Please visit our updated Smart Tweezers Archive offering a wide selection of Smart Tweezers and LCR-Reader spare parts and accessories.