"Super Bowl tickets and travel packages are trending 25-30% higher than last year," says VIPTIX.com President & CEO, Nick Giammusso.
Buffalo, NY (PRWEB) January 24, 2016
Super Bowl tickets can always be purchased on the secondary market in the two weeks leading up to the game. Doing so will cost fans thousands of dollars at least. It’s possible to get tickets to the 2016 Super Bowl for face value ($900 for upper level tickets), though it isn’t likely. Each year, the NFL holds a lottery, giving 500 fans a chance to buy two tickets to the game.
Most tickets to the Super Bowl 50 will be purchased in other ways. The two teams involved each get 17.5% of the tickets, and the team that hosts the game gets 5%. Other teams in the NFL each get 1.2% of the seats, and those organizations hold lotteries of their own amongst season-ticket holders. The NFL office has the final 25.2 percent of the tickets.
The other ways to purchase tickets are from ticket brokers and travel companies that offer tickets and travel packages.
"Super Bowl tickets and travel packages are trending 25-30% higher than last year," says VIPTIX.com President & CEO, Nick Giammusso. "Ticket brokers and tour companies are gun shy and protecting themselves based on last year’s skyrocketing ticket prices in Arizona, where a get-in upper level ticket soared to a record $10,000.”
Fans looking to buy tickets should protect themselves. VIPTIX.com advises fans to:
- Buy tickets from a reputable broker to eliminate any possibility of buying stolen or counterfeit tickets.
- Check the business’ Buyer Guarantee Policy to avoid having your tickets canceled last minute. All reputable brokers and travel and tour companies should have one prominently displayed on their website.
- Avoid buying tickets right after the teams are announced. Statistics have shown that prices generally go up by $1,000 or more at this point, because people want to see their favorite team.
- Only purchase tickets that list the specific section, row and seat numbers.
- Look for a package deal. Some luxury travel agencies or sports sites provide value-added packages that include hotel rooms, a car rental, a pre-game party and tickets.
- Verify exact delivery date. Buy from a company that is on site and able to facilitate last minute pick-ups and deliveries as the NFL distributes the majority of tickets only 3-4 days prior to the game. Shipping tickets this time of year due to weather is always a risk.
- Purchase using a credit card for your protection. Your credit card company will protect you should the terms of the sale be violated in any way.
VIPTIX is a privately held ticket & travel-company that was born in 1993 to help fans buy and sell event tickets. Today, VIPTIX has established itself as a major player in the secondary ticket market and also that of the entertainment travel industry providing its services to travel agents, tour companies and concierges worldwide.
For more information please contact:
# # #