San Francisco, CA (PRWEB) October 03, 2016
Barracuda Inc., developer of travel products that combine innovative features and style, today announced the launch of a 30-day Kickstarter campaign that will feature its latest product—Konzu—the ultimate smart backpack.
Konzu is packed with ground-breaking and patent pending innovations such the ability to allow users to wirelessly charge the built-in battery pack along with other gear. Konzu will alert users if they are walking around with an open bag; wearers can lock all key zippers with the push of a button; and Konzu can act as a camera mount when users want to take a photo. In addition, its RFID shielded pockets keep information secure.
“After the tremendous success of our Barracuda carry-on, we had every intention of revolutionizing the backpack space,” said Boban Jose, founder of Barracuda. “It also made sense because our carry-on customers have expressed their desire to see us bring a smart backpack to market as our next product.”
Founded by Silicon Valley engineers and travel industry veterans dedicated to revolutionizing the luggage market, Barracuda launched very successful crowdfunding campaigns for its carry-on that has since gone to market. Its new offering, Konzu, will help further Barracuda’s plan to make the luggage market innovative and more efficient. Features of Konzu—some patent pending, some add-ons—include:
- Wireless charging: Simply place Konzu on its wireless charging stand when not in use and Konzu’s 10,000 mAh battery pack will always be topped up without messy wires.
- Push-2-Lock: The ultimate answer to pickpockets, this feature allows users to simply push a button, conveniently located on Konzu’s straps, to lock all key zippers without taking the bag off. The functionality is purely mechanical and does not require power to operate.
- Bag open alarm: Integrated sensors detect and alert user if they walk off with the bag open.
- External USB port: Users can keep their phone battery from running out—internal battery pack powers the external USB port.
- Camera stand: The detachable monopod is securely fastened to the bottom of the backpack where users can connect a GoPro or phone and record themselves and take photos. Comes with Bluetooth camera clicker.
- RFID top pocket: Keeps user information secure.
- Key ring with retractable extension cord: For easy access to keys that won’t get lost.
- Expandable storage: Expandable strap system that provides extra storage for a helmet, windbreaker or even drone.
- TSA Scan Smart: Users can hit the security line with Konzu’s TSA-approved laptop sleeve—no need to dig out the laptop or mess with a tray.
- Rain hood: A stowaway rain hood for that unexpected shower.
- Super ergonomic padding: Comfortable padding even for the heaviest of loads.
- Four color options: Color options include blue, brown, gray and black.
Konzu will be available through the Kickstarter campaign (http://kck.st/2dFf5q4) for 30 days beginning October 3rd with a limited number of perk options/packages available to choose from.
About Barracuda, Inc.
Based in San Francisco, the Barracuda team of designers and engineers is passionate about creating products that set the bar high for innovation, design and quality. Current retail partners include Nordstrom, eBags, Touch of Modern, Bed Bath & Beyond, Brookstone, and AHAlife. The company plans to introduce additional products with ground-breaking features for the everyday traveler. For more information, please visit http://www.barracuda.co.