"City Walker allows me a simple and easy way to engage with my customers and reach new ones" - Rey Eugenio, Chef consultant
Washington, DC (PRWEB) October 04, 2016
City Walker, the travel app that allows you to live like a local, announced today the launch of version 2.0 of the app, which offers businesses the opportunity to create and manage a profile, giving them an engaging and simple way to connect with their customers. The latest version of City Walker, which previously launched in Philadelphia and Washington DC, also includes new streamlined features for end users, as well as a new Point of View function.
Consumers want to support local businesses. In fact, in a 2014 market survey, 61.2% of respondents said they would pay higher prices to support small businesses. The difficult part for these businesses is letting consumers know they exist. Enter City Walker, the popular travel app used by travelers across the country to find local places in new cities. By launching the app, users will find themselves within 15 minutes walking distance – the app encourages users to walk because that is both healthy and the best way to take in a new location – from places that offer caffeine, food, libations, entertainment or shopping. Yet unlike other travel apps, City Walker sorts its listings based on the recommendations of locals.
In version 2.0, companies can now claim their business and locations. Owners will be able to control the images, hours, descriptions, and social media links giving businesses the opportunity to interact with app users by responding to feedback.
Most local establishments have limited marketing dollars and they want to spend them wisely. With City Walker you are no longer advertising to a nebulous pool of people. You are specifically reaching potential customers looking for a restaurant, bar or coffee shop within 15 minutes of your location.
"Cooking is the easiest part of my job, it's everything else involved in operating a kitchen on a daily basis that is the challenge," said Rey Eugenio, Chef consultant, Points South Latin Kitchen in Fells Point. "I am not a marketer. I am a chef. City Walker allows me a simple and easy way to engage with my customers and reach new ones. This allows me more time to focus on cooking, which is why I became a chef in the first place."
- Enhanced search, making City Walker the richest database of local places in the United States.
- The ability to give your Point of View (POV). Unlike Yelp’s reviews, which trend negative, sharing your POV allows consumers to swap stories about a particular place and capture a particular moment in time - for good and bad. For visitors, seeing these local POVs give them never before access into local life in a city.
- A new Like feature so you can easily share your opinion of a local establishment.
- The ability to add places you previously lived, which will expand your local footprint. Once we’ve lived somewhere it always remains a part of us. City Walker allows you to share those memories so others may benefit from them.
- User experience upgrades that include a streamlined description page featuring POVs, hours, website link and the ability to share a place on Twitter, Facebook or Instagram from the City Walker description page.
“We have received tremendous feedback from the City Walker community,” said Hubert M. Schoemaker, CEO, City Walker. “Our new features give consumers the chance to share their experiences and businesses the opportunity to engage directly with their consumers. We’re trying to re-make how consumers and businesses communicate, which will make a better experience for us all.”
Visit http://www.citywalkerapp.com to download the City Walker app.
About City Walker
City Walker is a next generation travel app that gives users a backstage pass to local life. Founded in 2015 by Hubert M. and Jeni Shoemaker, City Walker leverages local point of views to ensure visitors discover the best places to eat, drink and be entertained. For more information on about City Walker, please visit citywalkerapp.com. Be sure to follow @citywalkerapp for all things related to your most walkable needs.