Indianapolis, IN (PRWEB) October 13, 2016
Election Day is only five weeks away. As part of the effort to get Indiana citizens to vote, the Indiana CPA Society has created this public service announcement. As trusted business advisors, CPAs from around the state urge citizens to vote because every vote makes a difference in shaping our state's and country's future.
PSA examples of the impact one individual can have over our country's 240-year history include:
- In 1776, one vote gave American the English language instead of German.
- In 1850, one vote admitted the state of California to the Union.
- In 1941, one vote extended the Selective Service Act (the draft) just four months before Pearl Harbor was attacked.
- 1993, one vote saved the international space station project.
- In 2000, one vote per precinct in key states gave George W. Bush the victory in the presidential election over Al Gore.
We encourage you to use this PSA in your coverage of the national, state and local races leading up to Election Day on Nov. 8.
Nearly 8,100 CPAs in public practice, business and industry, government and education are members of the Indiana CPA Society. INCPAS is the most trusted business resource and advocate in Indiana. Its members are required to abide by the CPA profession's code of conduct. INCPAS members also receive access to quality educational programs and peer networking for knowledge sharing. Society members are trusted advisors to Indiana's business community. INCPAS celebrated its 100th anniversary in 2015. For more information, visit incpas.org.