"...We look forward to building upon regional and local themes that capture the cosmopolitan feel and rich heritage of Tulsa,” said Joe DiDomizio, Hudson Group President & CEO.
East Rutherford, New Jersey (PRWEB) October 10, 2016
Hudson Group, the largest travel retailer in North America, is pleased to announce that Tulsa International Airport has awarded its retail concessions contract to a joint venture comprised of The Hudson Group Retailers, LLC, and Charlton Investments.
The new ten-year contract includes: four Hudson, travel essentials stores (one pre-security landside and three post-security airside); 5th & Sunset sunglass and accessories store (Concourse A Connector); Spirit, a contemporary Native American and Western specialty store (Concourse A Connector); as well as three retail kiosks—Discover Tulsa, Kids Works, & Tulsa Sports Zone (just past security).
“We are excited about the new retail concepts that the Hudson Group and Charlton Investments will offer Tulsa travelers,” said Jeff Mulder, Director of Tulsa International Airport. “Hudson’s iconic brand, high-quality service, and innovative merchandising approach will provide our customers with a first-class retail experience that ultimately leads to improved customer satisfaction and increased airport revenues.”
“We are pleased to work with Tulsa International Airport in revitalizing the travel retail program. We look forward to building upon regional and local themes that capture the cosmopolitan feel and rich heritage of Tulsa,” said Joe DiDomizio, Hudson Group President & CEO. “Our Traveler’s Best Friend travel essentials Hudson concept will cater to travelers’ wants and needs while our other diverse concepts will bring world-class local and national brands and merchandise that appeal to a variety of passenger tastes.”
The product selection complements Tulsa and Oklahoma’s best known tourist attractions with local and regional vendors like Pepper Creek Farms and Leonard Mountain; as well as world famous Bedré Fine Chocolate from the Chickasaw Nation Tribe will be featured.
Additional details on the stores include:
- Hudson: The latest generation in travel convenience stores, delivering the essentials that travelers need and want, ranging from reading materials, snacks, and beverages to travel and convenience necessities, tasteful local souvenirs, and electronic accessories.
- Discover Tulsa: This store gives travelers a sense of what makes Tulsa tick through a terrific selection of souvenirs and products that truly represent the city like tasteful works from Gilcrease Museum. There’s also regional specialty food, seasonings and sauces from popular local and regional vendors including Pepper Creek Farms, Stan’s Smokehouse, and Leonard Mountain for a true “taste of Tulsa.”
- Kids Works: Stocked with in-demand and well-known favorite toys and games, Kids Works is sure to be a favorite for families/parents traveling with children or for business travelers wanting to bring something home.
- Tulsa Sports Zone: This compact kiosk will feature a wide range of licensed merchandise including apparel and accessories, mugs and other sports memorabilia from local and regional teams such as the Drillers, Roughnecks, Oilers, and Thunder, as well as University of Tulsa, OSU, and more. This is a sports fan’s dream store.
- Spirit: A contemporary, award-winning, national brand recognized as the country’s premier Native American and Western specialty store. Developed exclusively for airport retail, Spirit offers a wide array of jewelry, Western-style apparel, bags, and accessories for men and women, as well as Native and Western-themed giftware and home décor.
- 5th & Sunset: Hudson Group’s proprietary sunglasses and accessories store where customers will find a terrific range of pricing options and leading name brands, from high-end fashion--Prada, Bulgari, and Kate Spade—to performance sports—Maui Jim, Tom Ford, and more.
About Hudson Group:
Hudson Group, the largest travel retailer in North America, is a wholly-owned subsidiary of international travel retailer Dufry AG (DUFN) of Basel, Switzerland. Hudson Group operates over 950 Hudson, Hudson News, Hudson Booksellers, cafes, specialty retail and duty free shops in 83 airports and transportation terminals in the United States and Canada, and operates in 24 of the top 25 airports nationally. Dufry operates over 2,200 stores in more than 60 countries and 370 locations, including airports and transportation terminals around the world.