Matthews, NC (PRWEB) October 13, 2016
The Loss Prevention Foundation (LPF) announced the selection of its newest board members to assist in governing and providing strategic direction for the Foundation at its recent board meeting.
The following individuals accepted the nomination and were approved by the board to serve on the Foundation’s Board of Directors:
- Jason Coren, Director, Loss Prevention and Security, Amazon
- Scott Draher, VP Loss Prevention, Safety & Operations, Lowe's
- Richard Peck, Senior Vice President, The TJX Companies, Inc.
- Dennis Wamsley, Director, Loss Prevention and Safety, Publix Supermarkets
“The Foundation continues to strive for a broad range of industry perspectives so we can serve the loss prevention/asset protection industry in an informed and comprehensive manner,” said Gene Smith, LPC, president of The Loss Prevention Foundation. “These leaders have proven that they have tremendous industry vision and have clearly demonstrated their commitment to improving the loss prevention industry through supporting education.”
Each of these new board members has clearly demonstrated their support for industry-specific loss prevention certification. They are personally committed to obtaining the LPC designation and each of them has a passion for improving our professional perception as an industry and feel professional certification is a critical step in achieving that goal.
“The Foundation continues to amass strong retail support for its mission – educating the loss prevention industry by providing challenging and convenient resources such as our LPQ and LPC certification programs,” said Frank Johns, LPC, chairman of The Loss Prevention Foundation. “Each of these professionals brings a unique perspective as a result of their extensive expertise in loss prevention and asset protection.”
The board also accepted the following board member resignations:
- Bob MacLea, Sr. Vice President of Loss Prevention, TJX Corp.
- Dan Provost, LPC, Vice President of Global Loss Prevention, Staples, Inc.
Both board members received special recognition for their past contributions and support to the Board of Directors. MacLea served on the Board of Directors, as well as the executive and audit committees since LPF’s inception. Provost led Staples in becoming the first retailer to accept the LPQ and LPC certifications under Staples tuition reimbursement.
In a subsequent formal action, the board voted Bob MacLea, Board Member Emeritus - only the second one designated as such in LPF’s 10-year history.
The following board members were re-elected for another 3-year term:
- Tim Gorman - DVP Asset Protection Solutions, Walgreens
- Jeff Levitt, LPC, CPP - Sr. Manager Loss Prevention, Panera LLC
- David Lund, LPC, CFI - VP Loss Prevention, Dicks Sporting Goods
- Mark Mellor - DVP, Loss Prevention & Global Business Continuity, Family Dollar
- Bill Napier, LPC - President - Napier Consulting, LLC
- Mark Stinde, MBA - Vice President Asset Protection - 7 Eleven
In other announcements:
- Aaron Henderson, Director of Loss Prevention, Penske Logistics was appointed chairman for the Armed Services Committee
- Mark Stinde, MBA, VP of Asset Protection, 7-Eleven was approved to the Audit Committee
For a complete list of board members and committee members, visit our site: