Los Angeles, CA (PRWEB) October 14, 2016
JSL Foods is excited to announce that blogger Bobbi Burleson from Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen of Gig Harbor, WA is the $1,000.00 First Place Winner in of the cold salad category of the first annual Fortune Asian Noodle Blogger Recipe Challenge cold salad category. Sam Ellis of California, MD took second place and Meg Tucker of Hurst, TX was the third place winner.
Bloggers from across the nation were challenged to show off their culinary creativity by submitting original recipes using Fortune brand Udon, Yakisoba or Rice noodles offered by JSL Foods. After weeks of judging, Bobbi Burleson’s Thai Peanut Noodle Salad was the winning recipe in the cold salad category which can be seen on her blog, Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen.
“It was so inspiring to see the creativity and originality from these blogger cooks across the country. We were truly impressed by the quality of each recipe that was submitted,” said Wayne Nielsen, Vice President of Sales & Marketing at JSL Foods. “Each blogger showed how easy it is to invent Asian Fusion dishes that are creative, simple and delicious when creating a homemade recipe with our noodles.”
Cold Salad Winning Recipe by Bobbi Burleson, Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
Thai Peanut Noodle Salad
- 2 packages Fortune Gluten Free Thai Peanut Rice Noodles
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 14 mini sweet bell peppers, sliced
- 1 large English cucumber, halved and sliced
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 1 handful fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 head Napa cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1/4 head purple cabbage, thinly sliced
- 2 cups baby kale
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce (check label if you want gluten free)
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 inch piece of ginger, grated
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce (can substitute Worcestershire sauce)
- Seasoning packages for the noodles
- 1 cup peanuts, chopped
1. For the salad: Place the noodle packages in a bowl of warm water and allow them to come to room temp.
2. Mix together the carrots, peppers, cucumbers, green onions, cilantro, Napa cabbage, purple cabbage, and kale. Add the noodles and toss together.
3. For the dressing: place the vegetable oil, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, honey, ginger, sesame oil, garlic, hoisin sauce, fish sauce, and powder from the seasoning packets, in a mason jar, and shake until well blended.
4. Pour the dressing over the salad, sprinkle with the chopped peanuts, and toss well.
Second place winner, Sam Ellis won $500.00 for her Steak and Udon Noodle Salad with Chimichurri Sauce using Fortune Udon Mushroom Flavored Noodles. You can see this winning recipe on her blog, The Culinary Compass.
Third place winner, Meg Tucker won $250.00 for her Sweet and Spicy Tropical Noodle Salad with Coconut Curry Dressing using Fortune Coconut Curry Gluten Free Rice Noodles. You can see this winning recipe on her blog, Megomania.
JSL Foods’ Fortune brand is the #1 fresh refrigerated noodle line in the United States and accounts for 79% of all category sales. You can find Fortune products in the Tofu section in supermarkets across the United States.
About JSL Foods, Inc.
Founded in 1951, JSL Foods is a third generation family owned company. Their Fortune and Twin Dragon brands are the category leader of fresh, refrigerated, pre-cooked Asian Noodles, Rice Blends and Asian Wrappers (Egg Roll, Won Ton and Gyoza). Fortune’s Asian Noodle product line consists of Yakisoba, Udon and gluten free Rice Noodles.
These Asian Noodles come with a natural flavored sauce packet and are available in a variety of delicious flavors such as Thai Peanut, Coconut Curry, Teriyaki and Soy Ginger. The line offer consumers a wide range of health options including Omega-3 Fortified, Non-GMO, Cholesterol-Free, 100% Natural and MSG Free. Twin Dragon Asian Wrappers are 100% Natural, Vegan, Kosher and Non-GMO. Located in Los Angeles, California, JSL Foods has built its reputation on delivering a fresh, convenient and restaurant quality Asian meal experience for consumer’s home enjoyment. JSL Foods products are sold under the Fortune and Twin Dragon brands and are located in the produce department next to the Tofu section in supermarkets across the United States. JSL Foods is committed to their consumers through continuous innovation towards healthy ingredients, convenience, and value including authentic and fusion culinary recipe solutions. Contact Wayne Nielsen at 323-223-2484 or email him at wnielsen(at)jslfoods(dot)com.