Cleveland Clinic’s African American Employee Resource Group took top honors followed by the Davenport University’s Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Council and the Asian Business Resource Group of The Coca-Cola Company.
Las Vegas, NV (PRWEB) October 21, 2016
The ERG & Council Honors Award™ is part of the annual ERG & Council Conference presented by diversity and inclusion training and consulting firm PRISM International, Inc., and its practice group the Association of ERGs & Councils. “ERGs and Diversity Councils are vital links for improving organizational results," said Linda Stokes, President and CEO of PRISM and co-host "Participants report that completing the application challenges them to look hard and deep at what they are doing by evaluating their efforts and then making adjustments that make them better. Our intent is to enable ERGs, BRGs and Diversity Councils to use this application as a way to learn what they are doing well and how they can continue to increase their impact and effectiveness," concluded Stokes.
In its eighth year, the prestigious ERG & Council Honors Award™ recognizes and awards the outstanding contributions and achievements of U.S. ERGs, BRGs and Diversity Councils that lead organizational diversity processes and demonstrate results in their workforce, workplace and marketplace. Fernando Serpa, the Executive Director of the Association and last night’s co-host said, “This year we had a 20% increase in applications representing 1,279 ERGs, BRGs, Diversity Councils and their chapters. This is by far the most competitive and exciting field to date."
Award recipients included a diverse combination of corporations, governmental agencies and not for profits representing various sectors, geographies and organization sizes. The 2016 ERG & Council Honors Award™ recipients (by rank):
1. African American Employee Resource Group (AAERG) - Cleveland Clinic
2. Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Council- Davenport University
3. Asian Business Resource Group - The Coca-Cola Company
4. Diversity and Inclusion Team - Citizens Energy Group
5. U.S. Bank Proud to Serve - U.S. Bank
6. Mallinckrodt Inclusion and Diversity Council - Mallinckrodt Pharmaceuticals
7. Women in Leadership BRC (WILBRC) - Northern Trust
8. PNC Regional Diversity and Inclusion Council - PNC Financial Services Group
9. Advancing Professionals Resource Council (APRC) - Northern Trust
10. Diversity Advisory Council - American Airlines
11. PNC Proud ERG Louisville Chapter - PNC Bank
12. ClinicPride Employee Resource Group - Cleveland Clinic
13. Professional Women’s Network - Massachusetts Chapter (PWN-MA) – State Street Corporation
14. Diversity & Inclusion - Delhaize America
15. Texas Instruments Diversity Network (TIDN) - Texas Instruments Inc.
16. Big “I” Diversity Task Force - Independent Insurance Agents and Brokers of America, Inc.
17. McKesson ERG Council - McKesson Corp.
18. Association of Latinos at MassMutual and Allies (ALMMA) - Massachusetts Mutual Life Insurance Company
19. Pride Business Employee Resource Group - Massachusetts Mutual Life Insurance Company
20. One Team - One Mission (1T1M) Military & Veteran System Resource Group (SRG) - Carolinas HealthCare System
21. PNC Technology Diversity & Inclusion Council - PNC Financial Services Group
22. Salud - Cleveland Clinic
23. CalPERS Diversity & Inclusion Group - California Public Employees’ Retirement System
24. Flexible Work Employee Network - State Street Corporation
25. NextEra Energy Corporate Diversity Council - NextEra Energy, Inc.
“We are excited about continued increase in this year's applications, attendance and sponsorship. It shows that more organizations are appreciating how critical diversity and inclusion initiatives are to their future development. Furthermore, it highlights the importance that ERGs, BRGs and Diversity Councils have on impacting key organizational objectives," said Serpa.
To qualify for the ERG & Council Honors Award™, ERGs and Diversity Councils must be in operation for at least two years and have demonstrated significant contributions and achievements in four categories: Demonstrated Results; Demonstrated Management Commitment; Measurement and Accountability; and, Communication and Education. Every applicant receives their results in their complimentary Application Summary Report that provides feedback and information that will enhance their performance and increase their value to the organization they serve. This is an open application process with no cost or obligation. Membership with the Association of ERGs & Councils is not required.
The 2017 ERG & Council Honors Award application process opens in February, 2017. For more information about the ERG & Council Honors Award or the ERG & Council Conference, visit ERGCouncilConference.com.
About the ERG & Council Honors Award™
The ERG & Council Honors Award™ is the only annual national award that recognizes, honors and celebrates the outstanding contributions and achievements of ERGs, BRGs and Diversity Councils that lead the diversity and inclusion process in their organizations and demonstrate results in their workforce, workplace and marketplace.
About the ERG & Council Conference™
ERGs and Diversity Councils are vital links for improving organizational results. However, to remain impactful and effective, they need opportunities to increase their skills and knowledge and to learn and share best practices. They need opportunities to network, celebrate and grow. This is the purpose of the only annual conference designed specifically for ERGs and Diversity Councils.
About PRISM International, Inc.
PRISM is a WBENC-certified, full-service provider of innovative and proven consulting, training and products for leveraging diversity and inclusion, addressing unconscious bias, increasing cross-cultural competencies and creating more effective ERGs and Diversity Councils.
About the Association of ERGs & Councils
The Association of ERGs & Councils is a practice group of PRISM and the premier resource for transforming Employee Resource Groups, Diversity Councils & Employee Network Groups to impact key organizational & business objectives.