PsychologyDegree411's rankings are designed to help prospective students learn about online degree options and quickly find and compare programs based on markers of quality as well as value.
Seattle, WA (PRWEB) November 01, 2016
PsychologyDegree411.com, a leading career and education website focused on the field of psychology, has released its ranking of the 2016 Top Schools with Undergraduate Online Psychology Degree Programs.
To be considered for inclusion, schools were screened for having an online undergraduate psychology program, not-for-profit status, and regional accreditation from one of the six regional accreditation agencies in the U.S. recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. The rankings were based on a broad set of data points measuring academic quality and the overall student experience.
The ranking uses a unique methodology that takes into account multiple factors, including the average tuition cost per online credit hour, the percentage of students enrolled only in distance education courses, the overall graduation rate of enrolled students, and school rankings according to U.S. News & World Report in the regional, national, and online categories.
Graduate program accreditation by the American Psychological Association (APA) and the percentage of tenured faculty at each school were also factors included in the ranking methodology. In addition, the online degrees from the regionally accredited schools on this list are the same degrees granted to traditional, on-campus students.
“As technology advances and more students and schools embrace distance education, the number of online degree programs in psychology available in the U.S. has increased at a rapid pace,” said Rob Voce, founder of PsychologyDegree411.com. “We designed and released our rankings to help prospective students learn about online degree options and quickly find and compare programs based on markers of quality as well as value.”
In total, 29 schools with online psychology programs met the screening criteria and ranked on this year’s list. As well as providing schools’ results on ranking factors, the 2016 Top Schools with Online Psychology Degree Programs ranking includes in-depth information on schools’ admissions statistics and requirements; tuition comparisons for in-state, out-of-state, and online students; and the services and support available to online students. Users can also view:
-In-depth profiles of select online undergraduate psychology degree programs
-Online faculty experience, including the percentage of faculty with terminal degrees
-Foundational psychology courses for profiled programs
-Financial aid statistics for undergraduates
The top schools on this year’s list are:
1. University of Florida College of Liberal Arts and Sciences (Gainesville, FL)
2. Oregon State University School of Psychological Science (Corvallis, OR)
3. Fort Hays State University College of Arts and Sciences (Hays, KS)
4. Northeastern University College of Professional Studies (Boston, MA)
5. Pennsylvania State University World Campus and Penn State College of the Liberal Arts (State College, PA)
6. Colorado State University Division of Continuing Education (Fort Collins, CO)
7. University of Central Florida College of Sciences (Orlando, FL)
8. Eastern Oregon University Psychology Department (La Grande, OR)
9. Arizona State University New College of Interdisciplinary Arts and Sciences (Tempe, AZ)
10. Washington State University College of Arts and Sciences (Pullman, WA)
11. University of Massachusetts - Lowell Division of Online and Continuing Education (Lowell, MA)
12. Oregon Institute of Technology, Oregon Tech Online (Klamath Falls, OR)
13. University of North Dakota College of Arts and Sciences (Grand Forks, ND)
14. Old Dominion University College of Sciences (Norfolk, VA)
15. Southern New Hampshire University School of Arts and Sciences (Hooksett, NH)
16. Eastern Kentucky University College of Letters, Arts, and Social Sciences (Richmond, KY)
17. Fayetteville State University College of Arts and Sciences (Fayetteville, NC)
18. University of Maine - Presque Isle College of Arts and Sciences (Presque Isle, ME)
19. McKendree University College of Arts and Sciences (Lebanon, IL)
20. University of Minnesota - Duluth College of Education and Human Service Professions (Duluth, MN)
21. University of Memphis College of Arts and Sciences (Memphis, TN)
22. University of Houston College of Liberal Arts and Social Sciences (Houston, TX)
23. Brescia University Division of Social and Behavioral Sciences (Owensboro, KY)
24. DePaul University College of Science and Health (Chicago, IL)
25. Wilmington University College of Social and Behavioral Sciences (New Castle, DE)
26. Central Washington University College of the Sciences (Ellensburg, WA)
27. University of Maryland University College Undergraduate School (College Park, MD)
28. Notre Dame College Division of Science and Mathematics (South Euclid, OH)
29. Indiana University East School of Humanities and Social Sciences (Richmond, IN)
*See the full rankings and program details here: http://www.psychologydegree411.com/degrees/online/
Project 8 Labs
About PsychologyDegree411.com: PsychologyDegree411.com is an informative resource on beginning or advancing a career in the field of psychology. PsychologyDegree411 provides information about education options in psychology from the associate’s to the doctoral level, including tools to help research online, campus, and hybrid school options, as well as career resources associated with each degree level.