Atlanta, Georgia (PRWEB) October 19, 2016
Voices on Stewardship, a digital content channel that offers inspirational and educational resources to assist churches in developing sustainable ministries, has added new contributors, conversations and materials designed to help increase generosity and address the downward trend in church giving.
Even though charitable contributions reached an all-time high in the United States last year, giving to churches continues to decline as a percentage of overall donations, according to Giving USA. “Churches are foundational institutions in the communities they serve, and my fear is that we are going to lose too many of them,” said Kevin Lee, CEO of Vanco Payment Solutions and founder of Voices on Stewardship.
“We need to stop the slide of dollars away from the church so they have a sustainable financial underpinning. Our mission with Voices on Stewardship is to provide inspiration and guidance to churches so they can increase stewardship and their ministries can flourish.”
Voices on Stewardship (Voices) has been available since late May to a limited group of subscribers. “With the quality of non-denominational thought leaders who are contributing to the site and the resources we’re now able to offer, we believe it’s time to make a splash with Voices, and so are promoting it more widely to the Christian community and on social media,” Lee said.
Contributors to Voices offer their experiences and advice on building ministries through stewardship, fundraising and giving. This week, the site features a special guest blog by Dr. David Anderson, founder of Bridgeway Community Church and the BridgeLeader Network (BLN), and an author, speaker and radio show host.
The site’s new resources section includes links to dozens of blogs, publications and websites focused on stewardship, and a podcast featuring interviews with Lee and contributors about Voices and its mission.
One of those regular contributors is Ben Stroup, senior vice president of fundraising for Pursuant. “I’ve been writing on the subject of stewardship for over a decade now, so it’s certainly a passion of mine,” Stroup said. “I want churches to think strategically and intentionally about how they build a sustainable ministry in their church. It’s not enough to have a good idea; you really have to have systems and processes to create lasting and meaningful change. I hope Voices helps them see stewardship in a much bigger and broader way.”
Additional contributors to the site are:
- Clif Christopher, founder of Horizons Stewardship Company
- Adam Copeland, director of the Center for Stewardship Leaders at Luther Seminary in St. Paul
- Phil Jamieson, president of the United Methodist Foundation for the Memphis and Tennessee Annual Conferences
- Jan Jasmin, senior vice president and charitable giving evangelist at Vanco Payment Solutions
- Jim Kreller, executive vice president of sales and marketing for Vanco Payment Solutions
- Moses Rathan Kumar, general secretary and treasurer of The General Council on Finance and Administration of The United Methodist Church
- Aimée A. Laramore, director of seminary advancement at Christian Theological Seminary in Indianapolis
- Steve Oelschlager, stewardship program coordinator for the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America
- Marvin Owen, president of ACS Technologies, a provider of administrative software and services to churches
- Jeff Pelletier, executive pastor of Milestone Church in Keller, Texas
- Dr. Clayton L. Smith, executive pastor of generosity at United Methodist Church of the Resurrection in Kansas City, Missouri
- Justin Wise, founder and chief executive officer, Think Digital
About Voices on Stewardship
Voices on Stewardship (Voices) is a digital content channel offered by Christian organizations, associations, denominations and individual influencers that share a desire to serve and support Christian ministries. Voices is non-denominational and contributors to the site offer informative and inspiring content focused on building ministries through stewardship, fundraising and giving. The site also offers a roundup of other resources devoted to stewardship and generosity. Voices was formed by Vanco Payment Solutions, the largest provider of electronic giving and payment services to faith-based organizations in the U.S.