Boston, MA (PRWEB) October 19, 2016
ATMs have evolved over the past half-century from a basic cash withdrawal appliance to the foundation of today’s self-service banking. In new research, 2016 ATM Market Benchmark Report, Mercator Advisory Group reviews how the ATM, mobile banking, and mobile payments are converging for ever-more convenient customer interaction with banks and credit unions.
Cross-channel features have been deployed as well as expanded interoperability with various front- and back-office systems. This report describes examples such as mobile prestaging of cardless ATM cash withdrawals, the potential for person-to-person (P2P) and account-to-account (A2A) transfers, EMV readers, NFC capabilities, and broader systems monitoring capabilities. The report discusses the penetration of these features in ATMs around the world.
Highlights of this report include:
- Comparison of rates of ATM growth in various world regions
- Market share of leading ATM deployers in the U.S. by type
- Examples of advanced ATM capabilities being deployed
- Mercator Advisory Group CustomerMonitor Survey results on trends in U.S. consumers’ ATM use, including use of their own banks’ ATMs versus other ATMs and other means of getting cash; frequency of ATM use; use of mobile deposit; willingness to pay for ATM convenience; willingness to try teller-assisted videoconferencing
- Various strategies in use to provide customers surcharge-free access to ATMs
- Discussion of the need for condition monitoring and application performance monitoring
This report is 24 pages long and has 16 exhibits.
Organizations mentioned in this report include: Accel, AllianceOne, Bank of America, Credit Union 24, JP Morgan Chase, Cardtronics, CO-OP Financial Services, Diebold, Elan MoneyPass, NCR, Payments Alliance International, PULSE Select, STAR/FirstData, SUM/FIS, Wells Fargo, and Wincor Nixdorf.
Members of Mercator Advisory Group Banking Channels Advisory Service and Global Payments Advisory Service have access to this report as well as the upcoming research for the year ahead, presentations, analyst access and other membership benefits.
Please visit us online at http://www.mercatoradvisorygroup.com.
For more information and media inquiries, please call Mercator Advisory Group's main line: (781) 419-1700, send email to email@example.com.
For free industry news, opinions, research, company information and more visit us at http://www.PaymentsJournal.com.
Follow us on Twitter @ http://twitter.com/MercatorAdvisor.
About Mercator Advisory Group
Mercator Advisory Group is the leading independent research and advisory services firm exclusively focused on the payments and banking industries. We deliver pragmatic and timely research and advice designed to help our clients uncover the most lucrative opportunities to maximize revenue growth and contain costs. Our clients range from the world's largest payment issuers, acquirers, processors, merchants and associations to leading technology providers and investors. Mercator Advisory Group is also the publisher of the online payments and banking news and information portal PaymentsJournal.com.