This year, the restaurant will honor veterans with a choice of select free menu items on November 11, 2016, at all Bob Evans restaurants.
New Albany, Ohio (PRWEB) October 20, 2016
Veterans and active duty military personnel have a fresh, hearty free Veterans Day meal coming their way, thanks to Bob Evans Restaurants. This year, the restaurant will honor veterans with a choice of select free menu items on November 11, 2016, at all Bob Evans restaurants. Along with serving a free meal on Veterans Day, Bob Evans is also offering a 10 percent discount to all veterans and active duty military from November 12 through December 31, 2016, for dine-in and carryout purchases.
“Bob Evans was a veteran, so we know that America is home of the free because of the brave,” said John Fisher, president of Bob Evans Restaurants. “Veterans Day gives us the chance to thank those servicemen and women for all they are doing and have done for this country.”
New this year, veterans and active duty military personnel will have the choice of select lunch and dinner menu items, in addition to the following popular breakfast entrees (available all day):
- Stack of Hotcakes (Buttermilk or Multigrain) – A stack of four fluffy hotcakes served with warm syrup
- Fresh Baked Brioche French Toast – Two griddled slices of rich, house-baked Brioche bread, dipped in real egg batter made with natural vanilla and cinnamon, then griddled to golden-brown
- Country Biscuit Breakfast – A fresh baked buttermilk biscuit topped with one egg cooked-to-order, fresh never frozen sausage, creamy country gravy and shredded cheddar cheese. The dish is served with a choice of hash browns, home fries or grits
- Mini Sampler Breakfast – One egg cooked-to-order with a choice of hash browns, home fries or grits. It’s served with two fresh never frozen sausage links or thick bacon strips and freshly baked bread
- Farmboy Sandwich – Sausage patty, American cheese, onion and pickles on a Kaiser bun served with French fries
- Country Fried Steak – Savor size of tender beef lightly breaded and fried, then topped with creamy country gravy. Served with mashed potatoes and country gravy
Guests wishing to enjoy a free meal on Veterans Day, or use the 10 percent discount throughout the end of the calendar year, must provide proof of service. Eligible identification includes a U.S. Uniformed Services (current or retired) Identification Card, a current Leave and Earnings Statement (LES), or a Veterans’ organization card (American Legion or VFW, for example). Guests wearing a military uniform on Veterans Day also are eligible.
Bob Evans long-standing commitment to the military
Company Founder Bob Evans was a veteran, having served in the U.S. Army during World War II in several posts. He was inducted into the Army in January 1945. In 2010, the late Bob Evans was inducted into the Ohio Veterans Hall of Fame.
To reinforce the company’s commitment to the military, Bob Evans Farms painted its iconic barn purple, a color that represents every branch of service. Also, throughout 2016, in partnership with the Gary Sinise Foundation and the Serving Heroes program, Bob Evans Farms, Inc. will serve more than 6,000 meals to military heroes and their families at military bases, USO centers and VAs across the country. Guests are encouraged to visit the newly painted barn at Bob Evans Farm in Rio Grande, Ohio, and learn more about how Bob Evans is going Purple.
For more information and for local restaurant hours, visit http://www.BobEvans.com.
About Bob Evans Farms, Inc.
Bob Evans Farms, Inc. owns and operates full-service restaurants under the Bob Evans Restaurants brand name. At the end of the first fiscal quarter (July 29, 2016), Bob Evans Restaurants owned and operated 522 family restaurants in 18 states, primarily in the Midwest, mid-Atlantic and Southeast regions of the United States. Bob Evans Farms, Inc., through its BEF Foods segment, is also a leading producer and distributor of refrigerated side dishes, pork sausage and a variety of refrigerated and frozen convenience food items under the Bob Evans and Owens brand names. For more information about Bob Evans Farms, Inc., visit http://www.bobevans.com.